The Old Folks Home

We're likely going to move up to the new samsungs when our contract is up. I dislike having to change...but it seems like the phones start getting glitches. They're also supposed to be phasing out some of the choices we have now for plans so we'd like to get on those before the change is made I guess. Haven't looked into it yet. We have two companies that have split the customers of the original company...lol.
The new phones are a lot nicer. Memory management is better and you can get more onto the external memory storage.

I buy my phone from amazon and the add it to my sprint account. It winds up being less expensive that a contract

Not surprising you had bad performance. For $80 you aren't going to get much of a solar panel nor battery storage.

I wouldn't consider a used one up here in the frozen north. Battery capacity degrades with time. The original Leaf was good for maybe 70 miles in the summer, much less in the winter so a used one would be questionable. They did up the range to about 107 a couple of years ago, again that would be summer, not winter in the cold climates.

I understand the 2018's are supposed to have better range - up to maybe 150 miles. There was a deal between the power company and a local Nissan dealer this summer. $10K off a 2017 LEAF. Obviously trying to empty the lot of old cars. I thought about it but the winter range just doesn't cut it up here. The 230 mile range of the Bolt will push Nissan to move to at least a 200 mile range. The Tesla Model 3 would as well, if you could actually buy one in the next 2 years if you aren't already on the list.

My black compost tumbler freezes solid in the winter as well and it isn't shaded at all. You are right, some people just can't quite fathom what cold is up here because they haven't experienced it.
hayundi is stepping into the green market too. They now have a ionic model that has hybrid, plug in hybrid and an all electric. Prices are lower than Toyota and the hybrid is the highest gas mileage hybrid in the US now.

Prices on the class will go down like you posted because of the competition

I could but I don't think it would matter they would fill up any size. It's just crazy!
I should be able to stop some of these apps from doing these updates without them turning them back on with their updates. They don't even give us a choice!
It's our phone when we buy it we should be able to get rid of the ones we don't want to use!
The new android operating system does a better job of storing stuff on the cards.

I use dropbox to store photos though. That way they are available on all my devices

I hate that all our cell phones are run by GOOGLE! Why the heck does google get to decide which apps we get or cannot delete, and why can't we stop all the dang updates that use up all our storage space and make us CRAZY! I hate GOOGLE! I want a people friendly phone that has no apps and no GOOGLE on it!

yup I started not updating and removing a bunch of apps google seems to figure out how to add those back when I am not looking although removed the auto update :rant

The Android phones are using Google for the operating system. The phone manufacturere then adds to it. A Samsung phone will have different apps on it than an LG phone for example. Google does make phones, the nexus and pixel for example and those are straight android.
You could go to Apple iPhones but those are more propietary than google.

your right even on my phone I use mozzila on my computer and phone my one testament to google hate:bun

The new android operating system does a better job of storing stuff on the cards.

I use dropbox to store photos though. That way they are available on all my devices

I have a Moto X 2 gen it is an android but google controls the apps and updates.
I tried to delete some apps and they come back after the updates.
I have a 10gb storage but 1/2 of it is google junk! That I can't get rid of!

I hear ya Penny.

I'm having to buy my RX pain medicine out of pocket because my insurance will only pay for 28 per month.

Ibuprofen is hard on your heart. Tylenol your liver and kidneys. Aspirin will eat a hole in your stomach. I told my doctor that if it would control my joint and back pain I'd strip nekkid, paint myself purple, stand on a hill, sling a dead chicken over my head and sing 'Yankee Doodle" at the top of my lungs. I had the chicken and a big bottle of blue coat that sorta looks purple when it gets on your skin so I was set.

He said he didn't think it would come to that. That's a shame. I was going to have DH film it and send it to my insurance company with a letter stating that having tried all NSAIDs available and resorting to VooDoo without proper pain control could I PLEASE have my Ultram now

I doubt if it would have helped.:mad:

For what it's worth...... I use turmeric as anti inflammatory . To reduce the amt of other meds. ANd a friend with RA is pain free on a weighwatchers diet....but only if she stays on it. We think it is because of two aspects: low carbs, and fewer calories. When her goals weight of 10 pounds lost, and back to her usual eating, the RA pain was back too.

@Cynthia12! Happy Birthday!

As for winters, they are slightly different here than what we were used to in IL.

Here we usually get at least one ice event where we get anywhere from a quarter to a half inch of ice. Then we will get ice and snow then all snow. Usually the worst weather doesn't hit till January. Temps like today are going to be near 60, but it can swing around really fast and have highs in the 20-30s and the lows in the sub zeros. It always seems to be damp in the winter here also, which is probably why Marek's just loves the area. By the end of Feb the temps start to moderate a bit but it can stay chilly here until the of May first of April.

In preparation for the sure to come ice storm, and remembering my crash and burn with a broken rib during the last ice event, DH made 'ice grips' for me on a pair of my old boots:

chickeniceshoe.JPG

He used hex head 1/4inch sheet metal screws that he used to use on his motorcycle for winter riding.

That is a great idea actually have a pair of rubber boot steal shank I will try it on maybe keep me upright in the mud :clap

Wait, is this still the Old Folks thread? :lau:confused:

great part of old folks we can talk about everything :old

I have a Moto X 2 gen it is an android but google controls the apps and updates.
I tried to delete some apps and they come back after the updates.
I have a 10gb storage but 1/2 of it is google junk! That I can't get rid of!

keep thinking about it but have not decided on a new phone I have a motorola of about 3 years ago if I get a new one I want a larger screen wish a tablet could be a phone ? all rolled into one:frow

For what it's worth...... I use turmeric as anti inflammatory . To reduce the amt of other meds. ANd a friend with RA is pain free on a weighwatchers diet....but only if she stays on it. We think it is because of two aspects: low carbs, and fewer calories. When her goals weight of 10 pounds lost, and back to her usual eating, the RA pain was back too.
I read an interesting study about glucosamin. The study showed that it make nsaids work better. Over time nsaids stop working as well for us. The theory is that glucosamin does not repair joints just makes the anti inflammatory work better.

Might be a consideration if you need to get better inflammation control out of your advil

turmeric does not agree with me I also do not want to stack nsaids

Back
Top Bottom