The Old Folks Home

I bought a $80 solar motion light a few yrs ago and mounted it to the corner of our garage, solar panel on the roof.
Could have bought a direct wire one much cheaper but I hadn't run electric to the garage yet, and I thought it would save money in the long run.
We have a tree line but on the roof the panel was in full sun most of the day. I didn't care much for it. Go outside a dozen times walking between house and garage and it would go dead. Winter it was worthless, apparently the sun wasn't intense enough cause it would come on like twice. I got the bright idea to hook up a 400amp jump box through the DC jack to a 10amp fuse and wired to the light as a bigger battery supply. Worked great for a couple days and then died. When I took the light down the whole back side was melted out... lucky I didn't burn the garage down.
No I'm not a electrician :oops:

I don't think y'all quite understand the cold and dark we get here. My compost bin and all my piles freeze solid in the winter. I'm off in the woods, so we don't get a lot of sun, anyway, and in the winter the sun is barely above the horizon level. We will see the sun again in mid-February.

I checked the schedule and defied my odds today - I have what looks like enough folks that I won't be going in the clean room - so Deb's necklace, eye makeup and earrings. I had to punch out the left side. Ouch.
I can't even imagine!

Will you move some day or are you a lifer up there?

my phone tells me it is full cannot update anything I hate google anymore but use the mapping all the time, I do always pull up byc last thing before I go to bed and like you cannot see allot but I would have to get out bed come back out to where the computers are did that on purpose so i cannot be on the computer all night

I hate that all our cell phones are run by GOOGLE! Why the heck does google get to decide which apps we get or cannot delete, and why can't we stop all the dang updates that use up all our storage space and make us CRAZY! I hate GOOGLE! I want a people friendly phone that has no apps and no GOOGLE on it!

I don't think y'all quite understand the cold and dark we get here. My compost bin and all my piles freeze solid in the winter. I'm off in the woods, so we don't get a lot of sun, anyway, and in the winter the sun is barely above the horizon level. We will see the sun again in mid-February.

I checked the schedule and defied my odds today - I have what looks like enough folks that I won't be going in the clean room - so Deb's necklace, eye makeup and earrings. I had to punch out the left side. Ouch.

So sorry about your ear!

I cannot imagine the darkness there Scg. I deal with depression in the winter here.
I would wind up in a padded room. So sorry!

I hate that all our cell phones are run by GOOGLE! Why the heck does google get to decide which apps we get or cannot delete, and why can't we stop all the dang updates that use up all our storage space and make us CRAZY! I hate GOOGLE! I want a people friendly phone that has no apps and no GOOGLE on it!
The Android phones are using Google for the operating system. The phone manufacturere then adds to it. A Samsung phone will have different apps on it than an LG phone for example. Google does make phones, the nexus and pixel for example and those are straight android.
You could go to Apple iPhones but those are more propietary than google.

Rule breaker! :yesss: Ok...maybe not so much today but you get where I'm going. If I didn't have chickens...I would LOVE to move where it's dark like that. :clap

Except for the exiting out the second floor. That may be the dealbreaker.:gig

Can you expand the memory with a microSD card? I have a 64GB card in my phone. But I've filled it with chicken pictures. :oops: So I caught another sale and got another 64GB card. It gives more space for apps and running programs if you store your pics and such on a card. I've got a samsung 5. I'm obsolete...lol. :wee

I don't mind the google platform. I do not want an iphone.
(Even though my family are all iphone users and they like to pressure me) :lau

Happy Monday everyone! Only two more days until we get to inflict a food induced coma upon ourselves!

I got on a kick yesterday afternoon and cut out a bunch of squares from old sweatshirts for my almost 10 year old quilt project, made supper, by the way if anybody wants a kick butt Shepard's Pie recipe, 'The Chicken Chick' had one in her regular news letter this week:
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2017/11/shepherds-pie-recipe.html
I make Shepard's Pie pretty regularly but mine takes a lot more work than this one does. DH isn't really big on 'new' recipes but he really liked this, went back for seconds, and told me he wouldn't fuss at all if I made this casserole on a regular basis.

Then I worked on my sofa protector project in the evening and watched a few movies as we had a free HBO Cinamax weekend going.

I think the robodeer is funny. When we moved in here we had an incident where a pick up truck stopped on the bridge at the foot of our hill and was shining a spotlight down into the creek bed. We laid in bed and watched them until they started shining the spotlight on our timber and front yard. When they shined the light in our bedroom window, DH announced, that's enough, got up, grabbed his hunting rifle and went outside to the front yard. He stood just holding the rifle in his arms, the business end pointed at the ground and sure enough, it only took about 30 seconds before the poachers hit him with the flood light. It was hysterical. That flood light clicked off immediately, the truck engine revved and they were out of there never to be seen again. Word must have gotten around that the property wasn't occupied by Amish any longer because they never came back. DH came back in, announced that we could go to sleep in peace now and that was the end of it.

Neither of us can tolerate poachers.

Back
Top Bottom