The Old Folks Home

Well maybe a brush and comb, nail clippers etc. Fur clippers and blades are the major expense. I got Oster A5 clippers.

Yeah, idk. I do find it kind of hard to believe but maybe it is an incentive to get people to go through the program or something? But it is probably just a brush and stuff. It does say a full set of grooming tools though whatever that means haha

Not that it matters because I think I’ll probably just try to get into the associate thing or the training program but now I am curious about it and kind of want to go to school just to see haha
Well go for it! You need to make some money to get your own place.

Well go for it! You need to make some money to get your own place.

Yeah, I wanted to start a dog walking/pet sitting business and/or do training eventually (I’d get certified first) but I should probably find a real one first haha though I just booked a big sitting job for mid March but still. One with taxes and insurance and stuff.

Yeah, idk. I do find it kind of hard to believe but maybe it is an incentive to get people to go through the program or something? But it is probably just a brush and stuff. It does say a full set of grooming tools though whatever that means haha

Only one way to find out. :idunno

Kelsey, no one hates change more than me, but I have learned that the only way to grow is to take chances.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I just think I’d rather be doing training or on the floor but idk. I actually would love to start my own business but I know I probably need money to do that first. Plus I keep going back and forth on it and trying to talk myself out of it.

Not only does it take money to start most businesses, you need to have a PLAN, you need to RESEARCH the market for your "product". How much can you make/month before and after taxes, how much will your monthly expenses be? You need to be willing/able to keep track of all the monetary stuff or be prepared to pay someone to do that. Self employed people pay both the employer and employee 6.2% SS tax so that takes 12.4% right off the top of taxable income. Plus the 2.9% for medicaid. That stuff adds up fast.

You also need to drum up business and if the company has clients that are somewhat short term, like a carpenter working on building projects, you have to have future jobs lined up before the current one ends so you aren't out of work while you look for the next job.

Not only does it take money to start most businesses, you need to have a PLAN, you need to RESEARCH the market for your "product". How much can you make/month before and after taxes, how much will your monthly expenses be? You need to be willing/able to keep track of all the monetary stuff or be prepared to pay someone to do that. Self employed people pay both the employer and employee 6.2% SS tax so that takes 12.4% right off the top of taxable income. Plus the 2.9% for medicaid. That stuff adds up fast.

You also need to drum up business and if the company has clients that are somewhat short term, like a carpenter working on building projects, you have to have future jobs lined up before the current one ends so you aren't out of work while you look for the next job.

Thanks, that makes sense. I’ve thought about it for a while and tried to read as much as possible about it and do a lot of research but do need to read more. I have some stuff bookmarked I never read.

But I do have somewhat of an idea of what other people charge around here cause I’ve checked on Rover’s website as well as Craigslist. I don’t think my expenses will be much, if anything, because I already have a lot of supplies.

Gas would probably be the biggest one. Which of course adds up but still. I am a bit worried about keeping track though because I am definitely not very organized at all. :oops:

But I do put all the jobs on my phone’s calendar so maybe I could put how much I get for each one on there.

I didn’t realize the tax was so high. :th though I think you’ve mentioned that before?

I’ve considered signing up for Rover because so many people use it now and they bring the clients right to you, which is nice, and they have their own insurance, but they take like 20% so I haven’t.

But I was starting to think it would be worth it for the convenience since everybody uses it and you can easily mark yourself as unavailable if you want.

But now idk cause I forgot about taxes, which Rover doesn’t do for you, so between Rover taking a cut and the cut from the taxes, it would be almost 40% :eek: :th

least if I got my own insurance and/or advertised for myself and stuff it’d only be like 20 instead of 40.

And I already have a few clients that would probably be willing to give me good recommendations/reviews so I don’t think it would be too hard to get more clients and also most of them are long term. Training would probably be more a short term thing but I think the walking and sitting and stuff is long term. The current ones are almost 2 years and just over a year.

Back
Top Bottom