The Old Folks Home

I think it has to do with the way the initial information about it, was presented. They made it sound like the only people at risk, were the elderly, and those with underlying conditions. Everybody else would experience anything from cold symptoms to flu symptoms, but no big deal. Even now, the question is if you have cold - flu like symptoms. We know more now, than we did when it first started, and there have not been a lot of clarifications on the original statements.

While it's true that the elderly, and those with underlying conditions are at the highest risk for not being able to survive it, they failed to clarify that plenty of younger, healthy people would need to be hospitalized in order to survive it. Yes, their survival rate is significantly higher, but it's not the cake walk they've made it sound like.

Something else that is being brought to light, is if you have trouble breathing, get help. Those initial, mild symptoms, progress slowly at first, but in a few days, they don't even resemble the initial symptoms.
We have so much to learn about this virus!

Off to shape bread...It is quite relaxing....

We are still having wind gusts to 51mph today. My coop is shedding old shingles....great. DH told me not to worry, if it got too bald, we would slap metal on it. At some point the wind blew the gate to the bachelor pen open and the boys were 'back in town' much to the girls' and the older roosters dismay. The poor hens were watching their backs literally and the older roosters were taking refuge as high as they could. I spent 30 minutes running the little devils down and poking them back into their pen. I think I have one that is still not where he is supposed to be. He's a cute little BBR guy. I asked him if he was where he belonged. He buck bawked at me like he was saying. YES! I AM! I called him a liar and put him on a roost bar. Couldn't resist the cute face on him.

And I have two broody hens....oh joy. The season of screech and peck is upon me. I have to say it makes things feel normal. Guess I'll have to put my broody coop together. Or build a bigger one.

I told DH that maybe I'd better see how many I could hatch. If things keep going we may wind up eating a lot of chicken.

We are still having wind gusts to 51mph today. My coop is shedding old shingles....great. DH told me not to worry, if it got too bald, we would slap metal on it. At some point the wind blew the gate to the bachelor pen open and the boys were 'back in town' much to the girls' and the older roosters dismay. The poor hens were watching their backs literally and the older roosters were taking refuge as high as they could. I spent 30 minutes running the little devils down and poking them back into their pen. I think I have one that is still not where he is supposed to be. He's a cute little BBR guy. I asked him if he was where he belonged. He buck bawked at me like he was saying. YES! I AM! I called him a liar and put him on a roost bar. Couldn't resist the cute face on him.

And I have two broody hens....oh joy. The season of screech and peck is upon me. I have to say it makes things feel normal. Guess I'll have to put my broody coop together. Or build a bigger one.

I told DH that maybe I'd better see how many I could hatch. If things keep going we may wind up eating a lot of chicken.
You are having too much excitement!

I think it has to do with the way the initial information about it, was presented.
Totally. Younger people are immune. Uh, no.
I think the fever and breathing are the big keys. You don't generally have a fever with a cold.

We are still having wind gusts to 51mph today
Gee and I thought the 35 MPH we are having now was plenty! I hope not too much rain gets into the coop.

Or barter them for TP!

20200329_191933.jpg
20200329_183022.jpg
Red flowering strawberries.

The way egg prices are going up I may be bartering with my extra eggs. I think I have 8 dozen in the fridge at the moment.

We are actually good on TP. I have been buying the Presto brand that they sell on Amazon Prime and have 4 packages currently. 1 of these rolls equals 3 standard size rolls and lasts about a week for the two of us. 6 rolls=24 rolls so we are good to go.

So is anybody setting or hatching extra birds with bartering or selling in mind? I read that laying hens are in big demand right now and farm stores not to mention hatcheries are having a hard time keeping up with customers.

The way egg prices are going up I may be bartering with my extra eggs. I think I have 8 dozen in the fridge at the moment.

We are actually good on TP. I have been buying the Presto brand that they sell on Amazon Prime and have 4 packages currently. 1 of these rolls equals 3 standard size rolls and lasts about a week for the two of us. 6 rolls=24 rolls so we are good to go.

So is anybody setting or hatching extra birds with bartering or selling in mind? I read that laying hens are in big demand right now and farm stores not to mention hatcheries are having a hard time keeping up with customers.
I have 123 eggs due to hatch on Easter.

Back
Top Bottom