The Old Folks Home

Funny for the day....
Modern American Gothic.jpg

I cleared the men's room at the Amish market with a sneeze three weeks ago. Caused one guy to have an embarassing accident. :oops:
Oops.

Not sure if I should laugh, cry, or cringe.:idunno

But I am starting to feel that sneezers might get mobbed..... ok... probably sniper fire is more likely. :rolleyes:

DH drove into town and picked up another break the bank load of groceries. Bless her there is a clerk at the store who has adopted me as her honorary mom. She shopped for me doing a running text messaging asking me questions and okays on substitutions. Try to get that service in a big city. Ain't gonna happen.

We stood outside with the van doors open and wiped down all the groceries with bleach water before they entered the house. Husband told me that the word in town is that the local DG has been hit with the virus. All I could do was shake my head and say a quick prayer for all of us to be safe. I'm glad I replenished my supplies when I did.

In the mean time, I'm getting as jumpy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs about strangers driving down our road. Today I saw a teen ager, non Amish ride down the road on his horse, bare back dressed in shorts. He was looking at my chicken coop. May have to unroll a sleeping bag out there with my trusty shootin iron close at hand. Or at least start locking the door at night.

Hot dogs and baked beans here.

@penny1960 that is just plain scary. At this point I think I'd tell them no young hens but I have about 10 onery roosters I'd gladly sell to them.

Guess it's time to start locking the pop door and main door to the coop.

DH had three hydrolic hoses on our tractor bucket start to leak...at the same time. He commented that he was going to have to take it in for repair...I looked at him and laughed....he thought about it for a second and said..oh, yeah. Guess I'll be fixing it myself. He got new hoses ordered. We depend on that tractor more than we do our cars.

This is a strange new world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom