The Old Folks Home

That is just plain fun, @Perris. Thank you for posting it. I saw this one this morning on the news and it brought a lump to my throat.

1585667433405.png

That is the USNS Comfort in the background heading off to besieged New York.

Morning all. Sunshine here today so I'm heading out to let the birds out and then plan to play in the dirt as long as my joints will allow. Never have I been happier to live almost 8 miles from a town of 1300 people with the nearest family 1/4 of a mile away. I tell DH that when I'm outside, everything feels normal. Except the traffic going down our road is limited to one or two pick up trucks. Even the flow of Amish buggies has diminished considerably which is a relief. Somebody has spread the word to them....hopefully.

Have a virus free Tuesday everyone.

Hot dogs and baked beans here.

@penny1960 that is just plain scary. At this point I think I'd tell them no young hens but I have about 10 onery roosters I'd gladly sell to them.

Guess it's time to start locking the pop door and main door to the coop.

DH had three hydrolic hoses on our tractor bucket start to leak...at the same time. He commented that he was going to have to take it in for repair...I looked at him and laughed....he thought about it for a second and said..oh, yeah. Guess I'll be fixing it myself. He got new hoses ordered. We depend on that tractor more than we do our cars.

This is a strange new world we live in.
Tonight is Instant Pot chicken thighs

Time to get the Princess a treadmill and some really good "tour the land" movies!

'tour the land' would give her too many ideas. Our daily trips to the township park are starting to show - both of us have lost a little bit of weight (weren't heavy to begin with) and are getting in better shape. Initially I would have to jog periodically to keep up with her. Now ol' long legs is playing catch up. Don't tell her I said that. :oops:

Hey Old Folks spent all day out stopped at our feed store they got the grower food in so bought two said that Purina is messing with them as they do not buy enough to get oyster in...Then Centralia BF needed to pickup his syringes at wally then to in town feed store
they had oyster bought a 50 lb last a month or so last stop Ace hardware fill a 30lb propane tank we bought

DH started tilling for me today. Weather here remains beautiful, like a compensation for the world going completely off center around us all.

I switched over to layer pellets. My flock is not impressed. I told them eat the danged pellets or it's Amish hog mash for all of them! They obviously have more taste buds than we give them credit for possessing because they know what they like.

Spring is definitely here. DH was running the chain saw yesterday and I walked behind him getting sprayed with chips from whatever he was cutting. This morning I woke up with poison ivy on my throat and neck....I like it when normal things happen these days.

DH was running the chain saw yesterday and I walked behind him getting sprayed with chips from whatever he was cutting.
Clearly you weren't properly practicing "social distancing"! Not sure why you would want to be that close to the ejection side of the saw.

REALLY sorry about the poison ivy, that is nasty. I hope it clears up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom