The Old Folks Home

I just heard NewCastle disease has all the borders of California closed. Just because the main shipping destination is in the quarantine zone. But if you want you can drive over the border to Yuma AZ and pick them up at their post office or go to the Yuma TSC.

I havent been paying attention. Been so immersed in the house holds ...

I guess lots of people are buying up chicks as well all over the country and the hatcheries are having a hard time keeping up.

I may have to resort to Trader Joes eggs if I want a flock of egg layers.

of course wont need to make that decision till this summer.

Oh and I finally have a handyman... we went up and the looked and listened to me and made some notes in his head. I will give him a key as soon as I get it made. This means I need to clean house starting this weekend.

Hes going to start in the kitchen I want the new floor to be from wall to wall. So the old cabinets have to go. They were crap any way. all particle board puffed up from water and the only bank of drawers the knobs keep coming off.

deb

I've been tracking VND in California for a long time now. It started with 2 fighting cocks, brought in from Mexico, and tons of birds have been destroyed as a result. Every time they would get close to eradicating it, another case would crop up. Had everyone followed the initial protocols, it would have been gone long ago. There are major parallels between watching VND, and seeing the pandemic we now face.

ron I was just looking you. I got out and walked and followed none of my rules. I have NOT walked since I was old enough for the senior 12.5 years ago.

To make a long story short. I overlooked my walking judgement and decided to go 10 miles round trip to my bank to straighten out a mess I made trying to do what a non human voice advised me to do via the phone. Sorry I just got home and every bone in my body is screaming.

I consider you know all things and do them well. I got some really bad, big blisters on numerous toes. I soaked feet in Epson salt, then anti-bacterial soap. Then got to the part where I figured I better stop and ask you first.

Is it okay to pop said blisters with sterile needle,dry off and apply clean Band Aids like I always used to. I am old (actually racing toward 73. I put more trust in you than Google.

I just heard NewCastle disease has all the borders of California closed. Just because the main shipping destination is in the quarantine zone. But if you want you can drive over the border to Yuma AZ and pick them up at their post office or go to the Yuma TSC.

I havent been paying attention. Been so immersed in the house holds ...

I guess lots of people are buying up chicks as well all over the country and the hatcheries are having a hard time keeping up.

I may have to resort to Trader Joes eggs if I want a flock of egg layers.

of course wont need to make that decision till this summer.

Oh and I finally have a handyman... we went up and the looked and listened to me and made some notes in his head. I will give him a key as soon as I get it made. This means I need to clean house starting this weekend.

Hes going to start in the kitchen I want the new floor to be from wall to wall. So the old cabinets have to go. They were crap any way. all particle board puffed up from water and the only bank of drawers the knobs keep coming off.

deb
CAHFS send out their Monthly bulletin and we are nearly free of vNCD!

Attachments

• CAHFS_Connection_202004[25840].pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
ron I was just looking you. I got out and walked and followed none of my rules. I have NOT walked since I was old enough for the senior 12.5 years ago.

To make a long story short. I overlooked my walking judgement and decided to go 10 miles round trip to my bank to straighten out a mess I made trying to do what a non human voice advised me to do via the phone. Sorry I just got home and every bone in my body is screaming.

I consider you know all things and do them well. I got some really bad, big blisters on numerous toes. I soaked feet in Epson salt, then anti-bacterial soap. Then got to the part where I figured I better stop and ask you first.

Is it okay to pop said blisters with sterile needle,dry off and apply clean Band Aids like I always used to. I am old (actually racing toward 73. I put more trust in you than Google.
The recommendation is to leave them alone and let them either pop on their own or absorb back into the body.

The bubble protects the injured tissue and popping can introduce bacteria.

Do soak them and apply antibiotic medicine on them.

Good job on walking! but go easier on yourself

The recommendation is to leave them alone and let them either pop on their own or absorb back into the body.

The bubble protects the injured tissue and popping can introduce bacteria.

Do soak them and apply antibiotic medicine on them.

Good job on walking! but go easier on yourself
Be sure to wear socks and well fitting shoes!

Back
Top Bottom