The Old Folks Home

I think the medical recommendation is to leave blisters alone, keep them covered with a bandaid and triple antibiotic ointment and let them reabsorb on their own. personally I was taught to open them after 24 hours and continue covering them with ointment and dressing until healed.

I've done it both ways. Usually though I have to admit that the ones I drain after 24 hours do better, are less sore than the ones I've left alone.

Take it easy DD! Well....at least till you heal!

Why do you have to clean? He's gonna make a big mess anyway.
No I am not being Type A. So not type A where house keeping is concerned... BUT I do have to clean up Rat droppings and urine. to make it safe for them to make dust. Dont want hantavirus to make anyone sick, and Yes it has been found in some desert mice and rats.

The Whole floor of the bathroom is covered in rat Feces. I will be setting out bait for them as well. I lived with rats in my last house I refuse to do that again. The bait I have is Corn based and not poisonous to animals that eat the mouse or rat.

Its called Rat X. here is the data sheet for it

Though I would not put where chickens can get to it I would use a bait station because it looks too much like feed.

There are those who have had problems getting the Rats and mice to eat it but a couple of drops of peanut oil does the trick as an attractant. Secondary poisoning is a non issue and thats why I chose it.

deb

I think the medical recommendation is to leave blisters alone, keep them covered with a bandaid and triple antibiotic ointment and let them reabsorb on their own. personally I was taught to open them after 24 hours and continue covering them with ointment and dressing until healed.

I've done it both ways. Usually though I have to admit that the ones I drain after 24 hours do better, are less sore than the ones I've left alone.

Take it easy DD! Well....at least till you heal!
When I used to be able to walk or exercise I would put the bandaids on before I went out. To protect areas that rub. They dont always stay on but when they come off time to come in.

Works for new cowboy boots and english boots as well. Not walking alot in those but you have to break them in none the less.

deb

The girls at the end of the bar(n) are running around kicking at each other; cool mornings make them frisky!
Yeah my barn rat thinks shes a Quarterhorse. Huge gallops and Rollbacks and EEwwws bucking and farting... All 2000 pounds of her. If a dog chases her she makes a swipe with her size 5 feet... Not shod or it would be a six or seven.

deb

Back
Top Bottom