The Old Folks Home

There used to be the old Twilight Drive In back in Central IL in my younger days. The screen finally got damaged by a tornado and they shut down. Later tore it down and built a multiplex theater in its place.

Drive Ins are a bygone era I fear. Where once upon a time you went there with your favorite date and never watched the movie....;):gig

My sister passed away on Friday. Glad she's happy now. That was tough for her. I had heard and read that this would be an easy one. Hard on us now.
So sorry condolences. :hugs
Really hope you can have a proper service for her.
We've been putting off one for my FIL.
We did have a service just before Christmas but still waiting for burial. DW's family would like to have more than a few people for it, never thought this would still be dragging on.

Just skipping through. Drive in's , we have one, since the 1950s. Thought the place would be awesome hopping during this.., nope shut down non-essential... Some of our governor's have made some dumb decisions...
Update, we are in phase ... IDK? 1,2? really not paying attention, nothing much here has changed except certain businesses, places, people are banned outlawed from working, bussiness as usual for everyone else...
Anyway, luckily DW was paying attention, our drive in has been allowed to open by our state government, only at 50% capacity, they opened reservations only, we got one for this coming Saturday, playing Trolls world tour and Jumanji: the next level. :ya:pop
Many on their FB page complained, "why old movies, play a new one!!"
Guess the dummy's don't realize even Hollywood shut down right now, no new movies.
They could be playing old black and white movies for all I care, would still be a great place to go.

They tore down a very local(and convenient) drive in - and put up"what else?" but a shopping center. Never filled all the stores, and the ones they had left kept changing into some other kind of retailer. They only thing we really enjoyed was the Old Chefs Buffet- had some great Thanksgiving dinners there and then one day, gone!!

but would anyone else handle your bags (and thus risk contact transmission)? Here we all pack our own.
the grocery store I go to they wear gloves.. And wont let you put your food on the belt till its been sanitized.

California has been hit hard ... second to New York. Couple of high density cities contribute to it.

They are loosening the restrictions but I probably will still continue with my own personal regumine. I get asthma when I have a chest cold... my son has Asthma as well.

I cant wait to get back home to the clean and heat sanitized air...

deb

Here the news is saying surface contamination not nearly as big a threat as close contact to people.

Fell in the garden yesterday while cleaning and rehabbing the secondary coop (broody pen) to stash a couple of 6-week old chicks (suspected roos, but they're slow to show) so that the garage brooder pen that they had been housed in previously is available for the perhaps 28 chicks hatching today. (Nine out so far) Anyway, managed to land on my hip on a ground-level bit of pointy tree growth. Didn't pierce the skin, but the pressure insult penetrated deep and a big ol' bruise on my rump and high hip. Pretty stiff today, so it'll be a day of rest here and a chance to decimate a pile of magazines.

One of our greyhounds went off to the vet yesterday because she was looking funny... I mean, her eyes were bulging to the extent it looked like googly eyes and a perpetual expression of surprise. Vet was stymied because there was no eye injury nor eyeball pressure issue nor thyroid problems. Turns out the eyes are fine, but the dog has a slight auto-immune response which is causing her eyelids to contract....a condition usually seen in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and some retrievers, but fairly rare in greyhounds. Prednisone for a bit, evaluations more to follow. Hopefully just some treatment and done vs. lifelong medication.

Moths here have abated, but expecting a second wave of misery as their larvae are cutworms.

Did manage to trap the mama squirrel that I believe has been decimating my tomato plants. Seriously, such tomato damage...what plant wasn't given the beaverish effect nipped off at the base and hauled away was lopped off from the top of the cage. She destroyed close to 2 dozen plants/transplants feeding her brood. She was in the Squirrelinator and a coyote was trying to get at her and/or take the trap off to parts unknown. I lobbed her carcass off to Coyote Acre. Good riddance!

Hope everyone has a pleasant holiday weekend. My respects and thanks to those in the armed services that have gone on before.
Oh mann I hate falling... even though I roll pretty well. its the getting back up that is an issue these days. Funny thing I dont bruise. Or I dont bruise deeply. I feel the bruise but no dark patch.

I start physical therapy tomorrow. yay. Going to try to find out why my left leg is soo weak. In order to push in the clutch on my truck I have to grab my pant leg and assist it in rising enough to get my foot on the pedal. Clutch is sturdy designed for heavy gears and hauling.
needless to say I can only drive the Truck about once a week. with a week of recover time.

deb

I believe there's only one working drive in theater in NJ. Located in So. Jersey. I believe they have been given permission to open up utilizing every other space.
San Diego has Two One here in Santee and the other is in Imperial beach. Used to be six or seven till land got expensive.

Santee Lakes sets up a screen in the summer and showes old movies like Casablanka and such and the kiddie movies too. No Charge I suspect that will be curtailed ... Sigh.

deb

Back
Top Bottom