The Old Folks Home

I've always had a very high arch, and a narrow heel. We were fortunate that in the next town over, there was a shoe store that specialized in narrow, and wide feet. The shoes cost a bit more, but they had a decent selection of shoes that would fit me good. I know I had sneakers, maybe Keds, and there was an arch support insert I had to put in them.

We've been in the 90's daytime 70's at night. We've been needing rain. The 10 day forecast has been showing thunderstorms, and scattered showers for our area. Not exactly true. It's been clouding up fine, then moves past us, or around us, so we're not getting anything. It did rain for about 15 minutes yesterday, before it moved off to surrounding areas. Not enough to do any good.

We've been in the 90's daytime 70's at night. We've been needing rain. The 10 day forecast has been showing thunderstorms, and scattered showers for our area. Not exactly true. It's been clouding up fine, then moves past us, or around us, so we're not getting anything. It did rain for about 15 minutes yesterday, before it moved off to surrounding areas. Not enough to do any good.
I always thought Florida was humid enough that it didn't need rain... :cool:

The smart folks here were predicting a dry year. I wonder if they will still be considered smart after this Spring.

Yesterday evening my cousin was in an accident. He was in line, stopped at a light. A county recycling truck (garbage truck) didn't see everyone was stopped, and plowed into his rear. Not only did it plow into his car, but it hit with such force, it caused a domino effect, involving 10 cars. My cousin said he saw the truck wasn't stopping, but it was already too close, and nowhere for him to go to get out of the way.

They put him in an ambulance, and took him to the hospital. Neck, and arm pain. At the hospital, they did a CT scan. They said his back, neck, and arm are not seriously injured. Mostly banged up, and sprained. He'll be sore for a week, or so, but should be fine.

100634156_10223819615821820_8453966441488580608_n.jpg

101100489_10223819616261831_2819529833778774016_n.jpg

Not to mention having good feet at that age! I don't think I ever had a pair of those but I remember them.

As for the rain, I'd be glad to get rid of some of ours. They are calling for another 1-3 inches of rain today. I am so glad I got hoeing and cultivating done yesterday although my hips and shoulders are paying for it today.

Plus the garden seems to be enjoying the rain and by this time next week I'll be watering the way the extended forecast looks.

The other astronaut, Behnken, is a Missouri native.
We have one more day of heat.

Birkenstocks were the rage here.

I cannot wear sandals anymore with foot drop in my right leg

Please, give it to us! We are having a heat wave (80s daily) and no rain. Which began moments after I put a million seeds into the ground in the gardens! DH complains daily that I will run the well dry with watering.

Hi, Old Folks! I'm stopping in and saying hello. Sorry I've been away so long. DH, the Chicken Resister, suddenly wants meat birds. I have to figure out the coop or tractor. We have a large pasture but it's up a hellish hill. Short but STEEP! Lots of figuring to do.
The high for today is 103F. I hope it does not get that hot! Yesterday it was 104 to 105F here.

Yesterday evening my cousin was in an accident. He was in line, stopped at a light. A county recycling truck (garbage truck) didn't see everyone was stopped, and plowed into his rear. Not only did it plow into his car, but it hit with such force, it caused a domino effect, involving 10 cars. My cousin said he saw the truck wasn't stopping, but it was already too close, and nowhere for him to go to get out of the way.

They put him in an ambulance, and took him to the hospital. Neck, and arm pain. At the hospital, they did a CT scan. They said his back, neck, and arm are not seriously injured. Mostly banged up, and sprained. He'll be sore for a week, or so, but should be fine.

View attachment 2164394

View attachment 2164395
Garbage trucks are heavy and cause a lot of damage!

Was this a City owned company or Waste Management?

I always thought Florida was humid enough that it didn't need rain... :cool:

The smart folks here were predicting a dry year. I wonder if they will still be considered smart after this Spring.
High humidity can slow evaporation but does not stop it. Same thing in incubators. If there is too big of a hole in an hatching egg and the chick is stuck, even with high humidity it will be shrink wrapped eventually. Many will actually suffocate the chick by raising the humidity too high and closing the vents.

We can see this in places like florida when the humidity gets high with the temps high too and then is is hard to breath. High heat plus high humidity= less oxygen to breath

Back
Top Bottom