The Old Folks Home

My only political comment will be-
police all over outside of that 1 Minneapolis precinct have abused their power over the years, the long list of names of the victims only grows without changes to stop it.
I do agree that some people have joined in the protests only to do destructive things, much like the bad cops joining precincts for the same vendetta.
I agree (I don't think it is a political statement BTW) and franky am amazed that it is still happening and with frequency since this type of police behavior has had a spotlight on it in recent years. Makes you wonder how many times it happens without witnesses so we don't hear about it. From what I understand that precinct (and I assume most all police departments) have had training specifically to address such behavior. Who isn't listening and who is turning a blind eye??

It is amazing. People all over the world rioting and destroying businesses, livelihoods, shopping for residents and no one outside of that 1 Minneapolis precinct is responsible for the cause of the "anger". A lot of people coming in and taking advantage of the "cover" provided by people legitimately protesting ill treatment. Bunch of crooks and thugs destroying and stealing because they can.

On and off, she's doing well. Super busy at work with the whole virus thing.

Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you.
I’m sorry you have a valve problem to.
They are horrible to deal with. :hugs

My murmur did a weird thing. It was a grade 2 at worse, then suddenly the doctor told me that he was only hearing it on occasion, now they tell me that they can't hear it. Seems as though as you age, the axis of your heart changes and when it does, if you have a mitral valve regurg, it can make it either better or go away.

I still know it's there tho, just waiting.......Cardiologist told me the worst that could happen is that I'd need it replaced when I was older and that would be a duck soup procedure.

Well, I'm old and still working with original parts...with the exception of the old gall bladder and appendix that is.

Curfews have been put in place here, and the National Guard called in. Anyone violating the curfew, 60 days in jail and a $500.00 fine. That's just for breaking curfew.

Unlike times when there have been other riots, this time is different due to Covid-19. Those 50 rioters, and looters arrested last night, began asking what time they would go before the judge. Most were expecting business as usual, and to go before the judge this morning and be released on recognizance. Not happening. The soonest they will see a judge in on June 2, when our courts re-open. They could either arrange bail, or wait in jail until then. The whine was on.

I am so glad we live where we do. The nearest large city is KC and it's over two hours away. Kirksville is only something like 14000. We like small town living....especially now.

I don't know if y'all remember me talking about doing a portrait of a family friend's French Bull dog. I started the portrait over a year ago, working on and off with it as I felt like it. I've been drawing since I was old enough to hold a pencil or crayon. I think my earliest memories are drawing when I was like 4. I took art in high school thinking about a career in art then it dawned on me that if I did it for a living I would be taking the joy out of it. My niece who studied art in college asked me why I didn't pursue a career in art and I told her that then it wouldn't be fun!

I've sold some paintings and sketches at Sci Fi conventions, but basically I enjoy drawing and painting what I like or doing a sketch as a gift as this one is intended. Once an artist at a Sci Fi convention looked at my work and commented that she had never seen anybody get shades out of pencils like I do and asked me if I had ever considered working with prisma pencils (colored oil pencils) I just chuckled. At the time I was recovering from RF, off work and money was pretty tight. Sure I told her but being poor, I was stuck with pencils!

DH bought me a boxed set of artist's pencils, paper, watercolors and brushes. My retirement plan!

So here, just about finished is Loki:
loki.JPG

Well, in spite of the fact that the leaders of the local chapters of the NAACP, Black Lives Matter, etc, did everything they could to distance themselves from the "protest" downtown tonight and discourage people from attending, some people did show up anyway. As expected, things started to get ugly, but the police were more than prepared. As the local D.A said, they are all about protecting people's constitutional rights, but violence and lawlessness will not be tolerated. The mayor has declared a curfew until 6 a.m.

I haven't like to or look at the news for months, because of covid-19. Crazy crap I'm not interested in . Now it's way worse, pandemic ain't carp compared to this, third world country stuff IMHO.
Was thinking of a quote I heard once, looked it up, don't like the guy or his politics, don't really like anything about him. But I'll give him some credit for this quote

Civilization is but a thin veneer stretched across the passions of the human heart. And civilization doesn't just happen; we have to make it happen.

- Bill Moyers.

Back
Top Bottom