The Old Folks Home

Gee Bruce I see you have never heard of the delightful 'enemas until clear' have you?
:gig
The sad thing is there were HOURS of clear (highly uncomfortable hours I might add) and in the end (sorry no pun intended) they said I wasn't totally cleaned out and had to come back in 5 years, not 10. I have NO idea how I wasn't totally cleaned out by their definition.

Gee Bruce I see you have never heard of the delightful 'enemas until clear' have you?

Had to do that to a cop once who was having a colonoscopy done. I told him that if I ever went by him when he was at work going 10 MPH above the speed limit, he wouldn't hold the what I was about to do to him against me.

Yeah, I had twilight sleep once while having a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist. Twilight my eye. Out like a switch, woke up with a nurse I used to work with asking me if I was catching up on my sleep.
Same here for twilight sleep and a ganglion cyst!

Out completely

Been busy baking banana bread used brown sugar and espresso to it
then can pop meatballs in the oven make dinner tonight with some egg noddles

Okay, out with it...where's mine?

I have to laugh at HyVee who lets you buy groceries on line. I've been hungry for bananas so I looked them up. It said order in pounds so I typed in '3' thinking I would get three pounds of bananas.....nope...they gave me 3 bananas.......Must be either a teenager or a college student...which is just plain scary as K'ville is home to Still's college along with the School of Osteopathy...hopeful they will figure it out before they start treating people. :lau

:gig
The sad thing is there were HOURS of clear (highly uncomfortable hours I might add) and in the end (sorry no pun intended) they said I wasn't totally cleaned out and had to come back in 5 years, not 10. I have NO idea how I wasn't totally cleaned out by their definition.

Their definition of clear must not be what everyone else's is.

I'm a rebel. I wouldn't go back until the 10 year mark is up. Look at it this way, Bruce, they can't handcuff you and drag you in kicking and screaming. Carp! They don't even do that to people burning down churches!:rant

That's my gripe for the day. It's been too good of a day. Candled my eggs last night. One bantam egg had quit and gon to liquid. The rest are alive and kickin. Broodies are doing a great job. I worked on my second grow out pen this morning. I need to figure out a floor for it now, put on a front and back to the coop area and it's good to go.

Last edited:
Their definition of clear must not be what everyone else's us.

I'm a rebel. I wouldn't go back until the 10 year mark is up. Look at it this way, Bruce, they can't handcuff you and drag you in kicking and screaming. Carp! They don't even do that to people burning down churches!:rant

That's my gripe for the day. It's been too good of a day. Candled my eggs last night. One bantam egg had quit and gon to liquid. The rest are alive and kickin. Broodies are doing a great job. I worked on my second grow out pen this morning. I need to figure out a floor for it now, put on a front and back to the coop area and it's good to go.
Congrats on the hatching eggs!

Their definition of clear must not be what everyone else's us.

My broody LF Cochin hens are hatching babies today! I have lots in the brooder, so I am going to let them try to raise the chicks. I have been cleaning out the coop today, one more wagon load and that chore will be done. I need to put a strip of plywood across part of the coop so the chicks don't fall out of the pop door and get lost in the run.

Thanks Ron, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Need pullets!

@CapricornFarm, the pen I'm working on is a triangle chicken tractor that DH made for me. It's going inside my run so I'm going to leave the chicken wire that is on the 'run' part and enclose the coop area with metal siding, adding hardware cloth ventilation areas and hardware cloth doors so they have air circulating. I want to get the pens off the ground tho and that is buffaloing me. No plywood handy but I think I have some oak planks left over from the sheep pen that will serve the purpose, plus 2X4s that will act as legs. I also need to get my prefab coop cleaned and off the ground.

Roosters....what am I going to do with the roosters....yeah I know, I gotta stop being such a softy.

Back
Top Bottom