The Old Folks Home

happy birthday deb @perchie.girl ! I hope you have enjoyed the day!
I did. I got my first start back into chickens.... :weeNow have a temporary enclosure set up here at Grandmas house and a friend is bringing me a Trio today. Two hens and a very young Cockrel.

The Cockrel is about ten weeks old the hens are at least two years old. They are not all the same breed that's all I know. Only that they are all clean legged. My one and only requirement.

deb

What? When? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was a good one. 🎉🎂🎈
LOL... Yesterday and It was good. I turned 65.... :th spent the afternoon in physical therepy. Getting stronger less wobbly already.... :wee Today I go to the Oncologist and get my quarterly "inspection" LOL. Then later I take mom To Jenny Craig. By the time I get home it will be around 2.

Thats when my new chickens will arrive... Or thereabouts. So today will be busy busy busy... I have a temporary setup here They will get moved up to the house in about three weeks. So will I. I plan to spend about three days a week or so up there Puttering. Redoing the old coop. It only needs a new tarp. and cleanup.

deb

Thanks to all!

My DD is excited that the Baby has Curly hair. I do wonder though since some of my relatives with curly hare often do not like it
Congrats Ron. She does know that hair changes on babies ... My son was a Tow head till he was about three or four. Now hes a brunette.

deb

@perchie.girl, I need some of your expert canning advice

(and any other old folk who may have the answer to this question for me)

Neighbor gave us a quart of dill pickles, or at least what I thought were dill pickles. I'm the only one that eats them and I love them on burgers and the like.

When I opened them, I discovered that they aren't DILL pickles, they are pickled cucumber slices. No dill flavor, no nothin in them but vinegar and maybe water? I dunno but the vinegar taste is very strong.

I would really like to try to save these pickled whatever you call them and finally came up with an idea.

I bought some pickling spices on Amazon. If I were to drain off the vinegar solution, heat it, add a tablespoon or what ever anyone can suggest in order to do just a quart jar of pickles, add the pickling spices and simmer the solution, then cool it and add it to the cucumbers, would it add flavor to the pickles or am I wasting my time and should I just buy some cucumber seeds and do my own thing?

I wish I'd had a picture of me the first time I bit into one of those cucumber slices. I'm a pickle aficionado so I've never grimaced and spit something into the trash so fast in my life. I hate to think of that poor family, sweet as they are, eating quarts after quarts of these things.

Thanks guys for any information you can give me.

Little girls with curly hair are adorable. I was a curly haired baby, hated the natural curls as an adult. But my hair did go from curly to wavy as I grew. Frankly, curly would have been easier to deal with than wavy, wavy hair has a mind of its own.

Got the genes from my dad. Mom had Cherokee straight hair, dad, a wavy haired Pennsylvania Dutchman.

Gee...thanks dad.

Little girls with curly hair are adorable. I was a curly haired baby, hated the natural curls as an adult. But my hair did go from curly to wavy as I grew. Frankly, curly would have been easier to deal with than wavy, wavy hair has a mind of its own.

Got the genes from my dad. Mom had Cherokee straight hair, dad, a wavy haired Pennsylvania Dutchman.

Gee...thanks dad.
We have some curly and some straight hair here. My hair is fairly staright but is unruly when long

Back
Top Bottom