The Old Folks Home

Same here, Ron. I was excited just to see people when I went to the city for my infusion appointment. Even though we were wearing masks it was soooooo nice just to talk to people.

I just cannot see things changing anytime soon unless a miracle happens and they come up with a working vaccine.
Unlikely, people are getting it more than once.

Cap, if you get it, they are better prepared now to deal with it, and very few even have to go to the hospital, let alone in ICU. Once you've had it, there will be enough antibodies in your system, so you have residual protection from getting it again, for several months. At 5 months, after having gotten over it, there will be enough antibodies remaining, that it will be a very mild case.

Cap, if you get it, they are better prepared now to deal with it, and very few even have to go to the hospital, let alone in ICU. Once you've had it, there will be enough antibodies in your system, so you have residual protection from getting it again, for several months. At 5 months, after having gotten over it, there will be enough antibodies remaining, that it will be a very mild case.
They are better prepared but a lot are still dying from it.

US hit 135,000 dead today and hospitals in Houston are over loading.

Even though we were wearing masks it was soooooo nice just to talk to people.

My husband (who does landscape maintenance) came home Friday and complained that all of his customers seemed to want to talk to him. I told him, "it's a side effect of all this social distancing. 'Aha, a person who hasn't heard everything I have to say a dozen times over already!'":gig

I have not had them so do not know. They do seem to be big eaters.

The Bresse were bad because the are a meat dual purpose. I would not be surprised if they are heavier than Brahmas
I have Jubilee Orpingtons, I expect they will eat pretty heavy when they grow up.

They are better prepared but a lot are still dying from it.

US hit 135,000 dead today and hospitals in Houston are over loading.
That number is from Feb 29 until now. Deaths peaked in April, and have been on the decline since then. You mentioned Texas. According to the CDC, in the past 24 hours there are just under 5,000 cases and only 16 deaths.

Looking at the numbers, getting tested, in many states, is reported as a positive, simply for taking the test, even if the result is negative. There are Federal financial advantages for the hospitals, and testing facilities to do this.

While that figure for the death toll may not seem low, if you go into the stats for 2016, and 2017 about 60,000 people died of the flu, and at least half of those were vaccinated with their yearly flu shots. Since Covid, no one has died of any other type flu, which is absurd. Now that they know how to better deal with Covid, the numbers are actually more in line with the normal death tolls for 2016, and 2017 from regular flu cases.

Something else to consider, is that hospitals have a money incentive from the Federal Govt. to declare the deaths as Covid, but they don't even have to test for Covid, to declare it to be a Covid death. If they test, the person does not have to test positive for it, and the hospital can still declare it a Covid death. You can go in with a gunshot wound, not be tested for Covid, or test negative for Covid, but still be counted as a Covid death. They're trying to crack down on it, but so far they've only managed to stop the most blatant of cases, and those numbers never get corrected, or removed from the CDC count. Unfortunately, these practices keep the numbers much higher than they should be.

Back
Top Bottom