The Old Folks Home

I was tested for covid 7-8-20 and was NEGATIVE. my doctor wanted me tested before doing a procedure on me.Now I have to wait about a week for the lab results to know if I have a worse situation.(not contagious) but NOT GOOD at all. :idunno
It is good that you stay away from those with covid.

Hopefully anything bad was in the polyps.

Once you've had it, there will be enough antibodies in your system, so you have residual protection from getting it again, for several months. At 5 months, after having gotten over it, there will be enough antibodies remaining, that it will be a very mild case.

Would you please show a link to the studies that support this position?

Hopefully anything bad was in the polyps.
Or there was nothing bad at all!

Maybe that means you do get a little bit of immunity, even if it isn't enough immunity to keep you from having it a second time.
That is good and bad. It means once you've had it you can not just go merrily on your way knowing you won't get it again and will not be able to infect anyone in the future.

When I was young, I thought I was in Heaven when my parents bought a PONG game system for us kids for Christmas.
My Dad got one of those for my younger cousins for Christmas lo those many years ago.

Times have sure changed. Is my age showing?
No more than the rest of us ;)

I would say the average low temps here in winter would be around 20 degrees, but we do dip down below zero at times.
We ALWAYS go below 0°F in the winter sometimes significantly so. Make sure your coop has good ventilation and frostbite shouldn't be a problem especially at such tropical temps as 20°F above ;)

while Mediterranean body type (light, like leghorns) tend to be more thrifty on the feed spectrum
Mediterraneans also tend to be more aggressive toward other birds. Which is too bad because if you believe white is a color, it is hard to get a "full spectrum" carton without some Med breeds.

I wish there was a Trader Joe's around here. :hitI think the nearest one is in Kansas City.
We got one maybe 10 years ago. I was not impressed and haven't been back. BTW: DO NOT buy their gluten free brownie mix because unless they have changed and significantly improved it the texture is that of a sponge. :sick

Marans are bad but Bresse are worse! They eat so much!
Yeah but after the eat all that food you get to eat them! Of course they are so expensive you wouldn't want to eat them.

'Aha, a person who hasn't heard everything I have to say a dozen times over already!'"
Or is so desperate to talk to someone, anyone, they don't CARE that they've heard it a dozen times ;)

`I dunno guys. This is all getting a little bit on the absurd side of reality. If the Media announced that today was Sunday, I would check the calendar first before believing them.

I started avoiding the public and wearing masks out in public two years ago while I was on the methotrexate plus I went through the H1N1 which was horrible to put it bluntly and the methotrexate was no picnic either but the need to wear a mask became a big reality to me along with staying away from people. It was probably the best preparation I could experience for what is happening now.

So when in doubt as the old saying goes...do nothing different. Which is what I am doing. Staying home, staying away from people as much as possible and when off the property, I wear a mask or two and if the need calls for it, I wear rubber gloves also.

I probably won't stop even if they say it's perfectly safe to mainly because of the prolia I now take.

Plus where we live there aren't a lot of people around anyway.

Like the Clint Eastwood cartoon. Social distancing? Nothing's changed around here.

Mediterraneans also tend to be more aggressive toward other birds. Which is too bad because if you believe white is a color, it is hard to get a "full spectrum" carton without some Med breeds.
Eh... the production white Leghorns were pecky, true, but my heritage Leghorns I can cram together on occasion without any issues. :idunno

The one thing that infuriated me beyond words with this is how in NY they sent Covid positive patients to nursing homes!

An FYI, Medicare runs out after 30 and other insurances have cut off dates for services also. After that they either need to send you to an extended care unit in the hospital or a nursing home.

So what did they do? To me it sounds as though they had no rooms at the inn so they shipped them out to nursing homes/rehab centers where the most vulnerable people reside.

I've worked in enough nursing homes and rehab centers to know that as the rule goes, they are not set up to handle large number isolation cases, nor are they staffed to handle them. Staff working isolation shouldn't work with the general census and vise versa. Good luck, ain't gonna happen.

I hope medicine has learned some lessons from this so that if and when it happens again it will be handled better......then again......Yeah, wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom