The Old Folks Home

Good news indeed @CapricornFarm. Hope she has a name befitting her adventuresome streak.

I figured out which of the Fayoumi cockerels is causing all the chaos and havoc. It's the one that is half Fayoumi, half OEGB....naturally. The Fayoumi boys are very mild mannered. They don't like to fight. They are 5 weeks old now so the Fayoumi genes are rising making them mature faster. Testosterone....what a concept. The little Fayoumi cockerel is trying his best to stay out of his way. I tired switching things around, gave the Bantam mom a break and put the two Fayoumi chicks in with the OEGB chicks and yes, you guessed it, the two OEGB SDW cockerels started beating up on him and his sis so back in their own pen they went when mom wanted back in with them. I just looked at Trouble, and shook my head. There's one in every clutch of eggs. So he is destined to be in the bachelor pen as soon as possible, or as soon as I can trust them not to beat him up.

On second thought, maybe leaving him with the big coop birds will be a lesson well learned for him. The three BBR roosters aren't going to take any crap off of him and if they don't the SDW roosters will teach him who is boss. There is something just morbidly funny about seeing a bully rooster running around screaming for his life while 5 little tiny SDW roosters are hanging on to him by his feathers and riding him like his name was Trigger.

Cap, I'm sure the tick situation didn't help any at all, either. Enough ticks can kill a young animal in short order.
I got them off her asap. Still finding an occasional small tick on her.
Tonight all of the goats got some drench to boost them along. Their water bucket has electrolytes. I found a small lamp to put in there when the fluorescent strips are off.

Good news indeed @CapricornFarm. Hope she has a name befitting her adventuresome streak.

I figured out which of the Fayoumi cockerels is causing all the chaos and havoc. It's the one that is half Fayoumi, half OEGB....naturally. The Fayoumi boys are very mild mannered. They don't like to fight. They are 5 weeks old now so the Fayoumi genes are rising making them mature faster. Testosterone....what a concept. The little Fayoumi cockerel is trying his best to stay out of his way. I tired switching things around, gave the Bantam mom a break and put the two Fayoumi chicks in with the OEGB chicks and yes, you guessed it, the two OEGB SDW cockerels started beating up on him and his sis so back in their own pen they went when mom wanted back in with them. I just looked at Trouble, and shook my head. There's one in every clutch of eggs. So he is destined to be in the bachelor pen as soon as possible, or as soon as I can trust them not to beat him up.

On second thought, maybe leaving him with the big coop birds will be a lesson well learned for him. The three BBR roosters aren't going to take any crap off of him and if they don't the SDW roosters will teach him who is boss. There is something just morbidly funny about seeing a bully rooster running around screaming for his life while 5 little tiny SDW roosters are hanging on to him by his feathers and riding him like his name was Trigger.
I named the run away goat Wind, which is how she runs. But I figure it will be Windy...

Back
Top Bottom