The Old Folks Home

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it's only 71 degrees here with humidity at 55%.

Mother nature tossed us a bone so I'm not complaining.

I just discovered that I have a bull frog living in my stock tank. I had spotted one last month sitting on the edge of the tank, it disappeared and is now back. I've named him Frodo. Or her, may be a her as there are tadpoles everywhere. I asked the chickens if they minded frog flavored water and they assure me not in the least..bring them the frog tho and they would be happier yet.

Thought everyone could use a chuckle amid all the sadness of the day.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it's only 71 degrees here with humidity at 55%.

I just discovered that I have a bull frog living in my stock tank. I had spotted one last month sitting on the edge of the tank, it disappeared and is now back. I've named him Frodo. Or her, may be a her as there are tadpoles everywhere. I asked the chickens if they minded frog flavored water and they assure me not in the least..bring them the frog tho and they would be happier yet.

Thanks for the funny!

lower my caloric intake to 1000-1200 cal per day
That is starvation!!

Son bought a new battery weed eater but very light I like it quite well ended up buying a extra battery would wear it down so fast but now we just keep going
I have a 1 string battery trimmer. Worked for about 20 minutes then at least 40 to recharge. Now the battery is dead. No idea how much it would cost to replace it. The machine was really too small for the property and type of vegetation we have. I use my Stihl gas powered 2 string trimmer.

Tomorrow is the big day. 7.6 hours in surgery.
I'm sorry it was cancelled but given the reason I guess I'm not real sorry. Surgery followed by death would NOT be acceptable to you or your friends here! I hope the pulmonologist can fix you up.

Hi everybody
You're alive!!!!! I've been wondering where you got off to, it is WAY past ski season!! I'm sorry about your chicken losses.

We found out this morning that one of my Cousins daughters drowned in the american river yesterday. She was 12.
Oh my :( That is just awful.

Thanks for the condolences! I got the river wrong, It was the feather river.

https://www.plumasnews.com/12-year-old-los-molinos-girl-drowns-near-tobin-on-sunday/
There is a "keeper" swimming hole in VT too. People die every year or two even though there are signs posted warning of the danger and prior deaths.

I used to catch bullfrogs just for the fun of it. I did that at my Aunt Lillies and we had frog legs for supper.

Welcome new members.

Tomorrow is the big day. 7.6 hours in surgery.
5 days on life support.

I am sorry they cancelled it

Hi everybody - I dropped in because I'm reading about how to integrate new chickens into the flock. Well, "flock" isn't the word, because I only have two left. A bear got my larger Buff Orpington months ago (and we have triple-reinforced the coop). Then yesterday, something (likely a coyote - I had spotted one down the road) took our beloved Callie (Gold-Laced Wyandotte). She was the sweetest and most beautiful chicken.

The two that are left stand around each morning and evening and call her, squawking for almost 20 minutes this morning around 6. So sad. We also had a sudden and tragic death in the family, so things are pretty grim around here.

Bad happens bears are awfull to birds or anything else
I am sorry for family loss
Thanks for the condolences! I got the river wrong, It was the feather river.

https://www.plumasnews.com/12-year-old-los-molinos-girl-drowns-near-tobin-on-sunday/

I am sorry Ron my heart goes out them

Oh God.... TSC has their chicks reduced to 25 cents! :eek: and they have good breeds! Good thing I truly don’t want or need any more birds right now and their minimum is 6 😂🤣 But dang that’s a darn good deal lol

They have a ton of ISA Brown pullets whichI’ve always wanted plus SLW and Cuckoo Marans straight run. :eek: :th

Yeah, Bruce that is what my doc told me also.

@CapricornFarm. DH and I were out riding around the Missouri countryside on his motorcycle and went through a tiny town with a restaurant boasting that it was serving frog's legs. He couldn't believe it when I ordered a big platter of them. I hadn't had frog's legs since I was a little kid.

I was in hog heaven!:drool Or frog heaven depending on how you look at it.

That is starvation!!

I have a 1 string battery trimmer. Worked for about 20 minutes then at least 40 to recharge. Now the battery is dead. No idea how much it would cost to replace it. The machine was really too small for the property and type of vegetation we have. I use my Stihl gas powered 2 string trimmer.

I'm sorry it was cancelled but given the reason I guess I'm not real sorry. Surgery followed by death would NOT be acceptable to you or your friends here! I hope the pulmonologist can fix you up.

You're alive!!!!! I've been wondering where you got off to, it is WAY past ski season!! I'm sorry about your chicken losses.

Oh my :( That is just awful.

There is a "keeper" swimming hole in VT too. People die every year or two even though there are signs posted warning of the danger and prior deaths.
People drown where the American river joins the Sacramento river here too. Some years it is quite a few too. They also drown in the Delta.

It is best to stay away from places like that!

Back
Top Bottom