The Old Folks Home

Falling is not a problem, walking backwards and tripping over mowers, stumps, and not so well balanced ladders is the problem. Ha ha ha ha!
BTW... Fosamax is not the answer to every thinning bone issue. It occurs naturally as we age. Fosamax may fill in gaps, but it leaves the bones less flexible and more brittle. Dad took it for years, only to have gut issues he never had before, and then had two hip replacements because they essentially shattered, which left him with back problems that couldn't be sorted.
I was referring to physical therapy to help with agility and falling. I have no experience with Fosamax.

Falling in Seniors has lead to death with a lot of people I have known so working on not falling is important.

One person from Church fell several weeks ago, broke an arm and is now in decline

I was referring to physical therapy to help with agility and falling. ...

Falling in Seniors has lead to death with a lot of people I have known so working on not falling is important.

One person from Church fell several weeks ago, broke an arm and is now in decline
this is my experience too. I do a yoga class for seniors where improving balance and strengthening ankles is a key aim, and it's working really well. As always one works within one's own limits, but the class (read, teacher!) is sufficiently gentle that some members of the class take it sitting in a chair as required.

G'morning everyone. Still hazy here. I have another full checklist of things to get done today. I processed a huge butternut squash yesterday and two pie pumpkins. I figure we can enjoy a lot of pie and custards over the winter months. We wound up with our big wagon and small garden wagon full of these sugar pie pumpkins. It was the only thing that did truly well in our garden this year with squash and green beans running second and third.

Then there were the turnips...geeze I like turnips but there is a limit.

It seems that I was fighting voles and raccoons for everything else.

Y'all have a great day. Me? I'm off and running!
Getting my eyes checked today. Would rather stay home, but my glasses are busted and I am overdue for a checkup.

A belated good day, OF.

Some of us are late to the 'taking care of oneself' reality. :oops:
I had a television appointment with my new NP yesterday. Other than the hashimotos I told her I was doing just fine... and we discussed how I managed... No junk food, very little my entire life, lots of exercise.. and having an attitude of gratitude makes for a mostly enjoyable life.

Back
Top Bottom