The Old Folks Home

In our newspaper was the review of a book -- "Love, Life, & Lucille: Lessons Learned from a Centenarian" by Judy Garman -- about longevity and vitality, secrets and advice for a long and happy life. Lucille lived to be 104. Q: What are some of Lucille's most important secrets? A: When you're tired you have to rest. We've kind of forgotten that. Listen to your body.

I bring this up because, really, there should be no guilt in having a downtime day. As DH and I have aged (we have? gasp!), we've discovered that our energy level is optimum for half a day of labor followed by a day of rest. Sure, it may take longer for us to complete a project, but at least we'll be around to enjoy it!

My own credo: Never underestimate the power of a nap!

In our newspaper was the review of a book -- "Love, Life, & Lucille: Lessons Learned from a Centenarian" by Judy Garman -- about longevity and vitality, secrets and advice for a long and happy life. Lucille lived to be 104. Q: What are some of Lucille's most important secrets? A: When you're tired you have to rest. We've kind of forgotten that. Listen to your body.

I bring this up because, really, there should be no guilt in having a downtime day. As DH and I have aged (we have? gasp!), we've discovered that our energy level is optimum for half a day of labor followed by a day of rest. Sure, it may take longer for us to complete a project, but at least we'll be around to enjoy it!

My own credo: Never underestimate the power of a nap!
I wish my husband would believe the bit about work and rest. He is go go go.

Back
Top Bottom