The Old Folks Home

We got the metal up on the new wall today and the window hung. It turned out better than we thought it would given the shed's cattywumpus status. I still have to work on the frame work for the window and a door knob for the door. DH suggested putting in an 'alleyway' where I could store feed cans and supplies. Basically a framework and chicken wire. We have an unused screen door. It would make it a great place for the chicks to go to grow out before the roosters move in for the winter. I may not get it done this winter but it will be done by spring.

Weather here was beautiful today. This morning the sky was a brilliant blue with fluffy white clouds. It's the closest thing to a clear sky that we have seen since the western fires started. I read that Denver has fires going now so the blue will not last long I fear.

@dsqard, the pictures make me want to break out the watercolors and go to work! Simply gorgeous!

This weekend went so great. We hiked almost 28 miles in three days. Not too shabby for three ladies over 50 :eek: I'm just popping in to share a few pictures I got. The state park was gorgeous. The leaves are just starting to turn so we didn't have a ton of color but the weather was great.
View attachment 2351934View attachment 2351933
View attachment 2351938View attachment 2351939View attachment 2351940View attachment 2351942View attachment 2351943View attachment 2351944View attachment 2351946View attachment 2351948View attachment 2351949
Where is this? It's lovely!

We got the metal up on the new wall today and the window hung. It turned out better than we thought it would given the shed's cattywumpus status. I still have to work on the frame work for the window and a door knob for the door. DH suggested putting in an 'alleyway' where I could store feed cans and supplies. Basically a framework and chicken wire. We have an unused screen door. It would make it a great place for the chicks to go to grow out before the roosters move in for the winter. I may not get it done this winter but it will be done by spring.

Weather here was beautiful today. This morning the sky was a brilliant blue with fluffy white clouds. It's the closest thing to a clear sky that we have seen since the western fires started. I read that Denver has fires going now so the blue will not last long I fear.

@dsqard, the pictures make me want to break out the watercolors and go to work! Simply gorgeous!
We could have a paint off contest!

This weekend went so great. We hiked almost 28 miles in three days. Not too shabby for three ladies over 50 :eek: I'm just popping in to share a few pictures I got. The state park was gorgeous. The leaves are just starting to turn so we didn't have a ton of color but the weather was great.
View attachment 2351934View attachment 2351933
View attachment 2351938View attachment 2351939View attachment 2351940View attachment 2351942View attachment 2351943View attachment 2351944View attachment 2351946View attachment 2351948View attachment 2351949
Beautiful pics! 50yr old ladies lol! Few yrs ago hike up to a fire tower Adirondacks NY. We did get some good pics but DW did not want to make it to the top with our little kids, got scared. I said come on, there is OLD people with canes coming back down...

I've been carrying a good camera hoping to get a pic of a pair of twin monster bucks I saw last year many times and cell phone pics sucked. Still haven't seen them if they are alive still but did get a few of what I thought was some does and a fawn....wasn't a fawn. Wish I was a little quicker when they were all together. It was harassing the heck out of them. About 300 or more
Screenshot_20200924-212733.png
Screenshot_20200924-212225.png
Screenshot_20200924-212941.png
Screenshot_20200924-213730.png
Screenshot_20200924-213751.png
yards away in the pics.
It disappeared into a corn field and then before I left was back after them and they went into the woods. Surprised to see them in full velvet yet, bow season starts here Oct 1. I've never seen bucks in velvet this late in the year.

Back
Top Bottom