The Old Folks Home

Cleaned the coop yesterday and beefed up the compost pile in the process. Locked the birds out of their home while it got the luxury cleaning treatment. Then opened the door and they proceeded up the ramp...and stopped. They looked in, but it was so unfamiliar to them (all that fluffy sawdust now) that it took about a quarter hour before they were brave enough to venture in. Probably felt like a "Twilight Zone" episode to them. Wonky ingrates.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we have a chance of rain and snow. So with the impending freeze coming, this weekend will be stripping the veggie compound. Sad that the Opalka tomatoes are still real green. Hubby has to harvest hops, which are a huge green wall as the four rhizomes we planted last year morphed into an invasive monster. Just a couple more huge pumpkins and squashes to take off the vines.

Won't have to worry about birds and frozen waterers as those in the extraneous pens are off to new homes. The last hatch of the year out from under. Yay!

So what's to do during the inclement weather? Taking advantage of Prime Days, there's a brand new smartphone sitting on the coffee table. My learning curve is -- errrr -- steep, so probably a day on the sofa with the manual. IF there's some extra ambition, I might clean and re-org the pantry. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment.\

Cleaned the coop yesterday and beefed up the compost pile in the process. Locked the birds out of their home while it got the luxury cleaning treatment. Then opened the door and they proceeded up the ramp...and stopped. They looked in, but it was so unfamiliar to them (all that fluffy sawdust now) that it took about a quarter hour before they were brave enough to venture in. Probably felt like a "Twilight Zone" episode to them. Wonky ingrates.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we have a chance of rain and snow. So with the impending freeze coming, this weekend will be stripping the veggie compound. Sad that the Opalka tomatoes are still real green. Hubby has to harvest hops, which are a huge green wall as the four rhizomes we planted last year morphed into an invasive monster. Just a couple more huge pumpkins and squashes to take off the vines.

Won't have to worry about birds and frozen waterers as those in the extraneous pens are off to new homes. The last hatch of the year out from under. Yay!

So what's to do during the inclement weather? Taking advantage of Prime Days, there's a brand new smartphone sitting on the coffee table. My learning curve is -- errrr -- steep, so probably a day on the sofa with the manual. IF there's some extra ambition, I might clean and re-org the pantry. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment.\
I hope he rest and new phone goes well today.

Dh painted the small utility trailer. Looks good. He was looking at my tag. It's expired. Usually the state sends the renewal paperwork just before my birthday. This year they didn't, and nobody thought anything about it. I'm glad he caught it. I'd hate to be driving, and get pulled over for something that was an honest mistake.
So many things are messed up this year!

I have to go to the DMV, and show proof of insurance. Normally, with the one they send out, there is an affidavit section printed on it. You sign that, stating you have current insurance coverage. It's under penalty of law, if they check, and you don't really have coverage. This year, they're only accepting proof of insurance, so I have to go in person.

I have to go to the DMV, and show proof of insurance. Normally, with the one they send out, there is an affidavit section printed on it. You sign that, stating you have current insurance coverage. It's under penalty of law, if they check, and you don't really have coverage. This year, they're only accepting proof of insurance, so I have to go in person.
our equivalent system has all gone digital now; when we phone (or whatever other method we can use) to pay the annual road tax, the insurance and MOT status for that car are checked automatically, and we can't get the road tax without the others being valid. Automatic number plate recognition cameras on all but back roads will catch out (and automatically send a fine to) anyone driving around without the tax. But we do get a paper reminder it's due, with 4 weeks' notice; I'm sure I'd forget without the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom