The Old Folks Home

From an OF perspective, I combat a little osteoarthritis and can’t believe I have lived long enough to be on this thread let alone at such a young age but it fits nonetheless. Another first snow here as we have brief bouts of flurries that melt off and on throughout winter. My girls like the inside so do frequent camera checks on them to stay in the warm house. I’ve learned to use technology to make my life easier. I’m sure you guys can relate. View attachment 2494046View attachment 2494047View attachment 2494048
My girls like inside spoiled I think. Although winter hardy breeds not much on Winter. I found a Victrola on Amazon that is my new entertainment and can now play my old Albums like ABBA. Showing my age I know but thrilled nonetheless and the records not skipping more Amazing since from 40 years ago. I’m glad my mother kept my old records for me.:):celebrate
arghhhh Your coop is so nice and CLEAN! I just came in. Told my flock they were very tolerant of their sloppy surroundings but we still have snow and ice on the ground with an abundance of mud and muck so I told them when it dried out the coops would get cleaned. Maybe by June the way it goes here.

Welcome to the Home, Melky. Pull up a rocker and sit a spell.

Did they have you use one of those accursed spirometers? They handed me one after I had my gallbladder and appendix out 30 years ago. I couldn't have the new keyhole surgery. Nope, nothing simple for me. I had to have the old fashioned kind where they split you from here to there so every move just hurts like bloody hades. I was familiar with those torture devices, naturally from my work but using one made me invent new swear words at the top of my lungs.

When they discharged me they told me to keep using it for a couple more weeks. Naturally I didn't and when the doc gave me the okay to drive the first thing I did was set it behind my car wheel and back over it.

Hi guys. rough weekend for me. I had 5 days of increased pain in my back and legs. I couldn't get out of bed hardly and when I did it took pain pills plus 4 hours to get moving with frequent breaks. I spent Saturday on the sofa all day and by Sunday had enough. Started back on steroids today and called the rheumy office where I get my Prolia to reschedule. When I talked to the PA she said that it sounded like a RA flare to her. Happily, except for a Pred headache I'm feeling better tonight. When it helps, it helps fast.

Felt good enough to make a big kettle of veggie beef soup. About to go out and dish it up now.

Don't feel bad guys. Every time I sneeze hard I get lightening bolts down both arms followed by numbness for about 15 minutes. No hernias, but that is enough pain for me thankyouverymuchhaveaniceday.

Ya when I got out of surgery they handed me one to use. But I was so weak I had to use it to even be able to talk above a whisper. And the speech therapist told me to stick my tongue out and dh as much as I wanted! lol I had to strengthen all the muscles in my neck and throat.
I have been putting off going to see the Dr. for a follow up to see how the blood clot in my lung is doing. But Dh told me to call his office in the morning. So I guess I will.
Hopefully it is cleared out by now. lol Then maybe I can stop taking the blood thinner so I can start back taking my fosamax.

Micro, I'm sorry your having such a hard time with your RA. I hope it gets easier for you.

Pup is 7 months old and loving the snow and cold weather...me...not so much :old

img 0003.JPG

Ya when I got out of surgery they handed me one to use. But I was so weak I had to use it to even be able to talk above a whisper. And the speech therapist told me to stick my tongue out and dh as much as I wanted! lol I had to strengthen all the muscles in my neck and throat.
I have been putting off going to see the Dr. for a follow up to see how the blood clot in my lung is doing. But Dh told me to call his office in the morning. So I guess I will.
Hopefully it is cleared out by now. lol Then maybe I can stop taking the blood thinner so I can start back taking my fosamax.

Micro, I'm sorry your having such a hard time with your RA. I hope it gets easier for you.

Chick you have had such a tough time of it compared to me. Having an RA flare isn't nearly as bad as having your chest cracked open and your cardiac veins rearranged.

I can only imagine how horrible you felt afterwards. And a blood clot on top of it? I'm sitting here shuddering.

I promised the PA that I'd make an appointment to see her in March after the Prolia infusion. She works for my DO Rheumy. It takes three months to get into see him so I'm going to touch bases with her instead. The clinic they own where I get the Prolia is owned by the Rheumy and much safer to go to than a family practice like my regular Doc's place is.

Feel better.

Did they have you use one of those accursed spirometers? They handed me one after I had my gallbladder and appendix out 30 years ago. I couldn't have the new keyhole surgery. Nope, nothing simple for me. I had to have the old fashioned kind where they split you from here to there so every move just hurts like bloody hades. I was familiar with those torture devices, naturally from my work but using one made me invent new swear words at the top of my lungs.

When they discharged me they told me to keep using it for a couple more weeks. Naturally I didn't and when the doc gave me the okay to drive the first thing I did was set it behind my car wheel and back over it.

Hi guys. rough weekend for me. I had 5 days of increased pain in my back and legs. I couldn't get out of bed hardly and when I did it took pain pills plus 4 hours to get moving with frequent breaks. I spent Saturday on the sofa all day and by Sunday had enough. Started back on steroids today and called the rheumy office where I get my Prolia to reschedule. When I talked to the PA she said that it sounded like a RA flare to her. Happily, except for a Pred headache I'm feeling better tonight. When it helps, it helps fast.

Felt good enough to make a big kettle of veggie beef soup. About to go out and dish it up now.

Don't feel bad guys. Every time I sneeze hard I get lightening bolts down both arms followed by numbness for about 15 minutes. No hernias, but that is enough pain for me thankyouverymuchhaveaniceday.
Sorry to hear you have been hurting, hugs to you my friend.

I am sorry about the flair up!

Hopefully the meds will work well to stop it

Back
Top Bottom