The Old Folks Home

There are so many dogs around us that if one starts howling, they all do. Pretty funny really. Our Hound/border collie mix has it down pat though, He throws his head up, points his nose to the sky and cuts loose! Usually I start baying along with him and that really gets them going, so yeah, I'm weird also and proud of it!

I think the funniest thing I did was the day we were walking out in the timber after watching a Big Foot movie where the so called scientist was pounding on a tree trunk with a stick and then yell "WHOOP!" at the top of his lungs.

So naturally I grabbed a limb, whacked the nearest tree and yelled "WHOOP!". My poor husband who is pretty much used to me being 'weird' asked me what I was doing and I told him I was checking to see if there were any big foot around. He just shook his head and told me to walk ahead of him 10 feet. :lau

The snow of '67 in Chicago was a traffic stopper- sorry mind fails me now regarding inches but cars were abandoned on the bridge. At home people in neighborhood took turns digging out parking places(almost no one had a garage) and pushing cars into them.
My sister came to fetch me home from my grooming shop and we nearly got stuck on the bridge - glad she did. Otherwise I probably would still be there.

Village I live in for 51 years now, excellent snow removal services except driveways- can be a nightmare themselves.
Was it this one? :eek:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Chicago_blizzard

Going to go shopping and buy feed today. I wonder how many bags of feed fit in an SUV.
Fortunately not. If I had I would have been double timing it back to the house for a change of clothing.

Still it's fun to act goofy every now and again.
I always used to have a great time dressing up and making all kinds of noises for Howl o ween !

Back
Top Bottom