The Old Folks Home

The rain is coming in anytime now. I got the coop cleaned and gave the chickens a bucket of weeds, aka, greensnack.

We should get a good soaking, 1/2-1" or more, and we could use it. It was a dry winter overall.
We got 2.8 Inches of rain between 4:30 and 10 am this morning. Woot.
Good afternoon, OF - spent the day helping at a basset hound field trial.
Here's a photo of my great uncle Elmer from Sweden. He married my grandmother's sister "Tut". Dad took the photo of Uncle Elmer with some of his prized bassetts.
Uncle Elmer.jpg

I'm so thankful we got that bad tree down. Later this afternoon, we had gusts up to 54 mph, for about an hour, before the rain came. We had worked pretty hard most of the morning, so Dh, and I were taking a nap while it happened.

After we awoke, we went into town to eat at Outback. On the way, we saw smaller limbs had blown everywhere on the road, then came to a place where a good sized tree had split in half, and fallen over. We commented that it must've really been windy. As we continued further, there was an oncoming biker that kept flashing their headlights at us. Dh didn't think a whole lot about it, until we got to the huge tree that had fallen across the road.

We were able to get around the tree on one shoulder of the road, and continue on our journey. Supper was delicious. We took a different route on the way back home.

Back
Top Bottom