The Old Folks Home

I'm so thankful we got that bad tree down. Later this afternoon, we had gusts up to 54 mph, for about an hour, before the rain came. We had worked pretty hard most of the morning, so Dh, and I were taking a nap while it happened.

After we awoke, we went into town to eat at Outback. On the way, we saw smaller limbs had blown everywhere on the road, then came to a place where a good sized tree had split in half, and fallen over. We commented that it must've really been windy. As we continued further, there was an oncoming biker that kept flashing their headlights at us. Dh didn't think a whole lot about it, until we got to the huge tree that had fallen across the road.

We were able to get around the tree on one shoulder of the road, and continue on our journey. Supper was delicious. We took a different route on the way back home.

Years ago I was stationed in Florida, and there was a dead hollow tree next to the house. I kept asking the landlord to deal with in before it fell down. He insisted there was nothing wrong with it. We were outside discussing this, and he gave the tree a good punch to prove to me that it was just fine. Down it came, and he ended up repairing my fence.

The peach tree I planted on Easter is sprouting. Yay!! For once I didn't kill a plant by transplanting it.

Dh had take one of our medium utility trailers, and used pvc along with a big tarp, to make sort of a hoop house. That way it was covered. It looked a lot like a covered wagon. The kids were using it as their clubhouse. Their tent was in there too. Dh got to looking, and the wind destroyed some of it. The tarp is fine, but a couple of the pvc pipes broke.

In between bouts of rain, he's out moving it to a better location where it's better protected from the wind, and repairing the damage.

Yesterday Dd #1, and the kids were off doing things, so we had the house to ourselves. He really missed them, and kept himself busy. They're off doing things today too, and won't be back until later tonight, so he's really missing them. With all the rain, it's harder for him to stay busy. I miss them, but have been able to get quite a bit of things done, without having to constantly be interrupted to take care of them. Not only that, but when I clean something, it's staying clean. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom