The Old Folks Home

It's been storming on, and off here all day. 18,000 customers out of power mostly in the neighboring town, but it extends into our town as well. The power has flickered here a couple times, but we didn't actually lose power.

Dd #1 arrived safely in Ft. Lauderdale, and everyone is enjoying their day at the beach. No rain over there on the other side of the state.

It's been storming on, and off here all day. 18,000 customers out of power mostly in the neighboring town, but it extends into our town as well. The power has flickered here a couple times, but we didn't actually lose power.

Dd #1 arrived safely in Ft. Lauderdale, and everyone is enjoying their day at the beach. No rain over there on the other side of the state.
I loved walking around Ft LaDeedah, when I lived in Hollywood.. I was working for the SOE in Ft LaDeeDah, and would take time at lunch to walk around, sometimes after work too. There's a small place right on Riverfront that I used to get breakfast from.. Chef Remy used to cater in Washington DC and makes the meanest omelette and other meals you can eat.

Well well, got a ton of stuff done today.. Got out the Remington and worked on the back 40 while the front yard was drying out... Was letting the kids out of pens one group at a time to free range a bit. That is working out really well... Each Roo with his ladies gets their turn, and no fighting. Then I did the front yard with the bagger on, and after that I actually worked in the flower/veggie garden a while. It's coming along nicely and the 'maters have blooms already. One of the roses I planted, a JFK hybrid teacup has a couple of blooms coming too!

I'm so thankful we got that bad tree down. Later this afternoon, we had gusts up to 54 mph, for about an hour, before the rain came. We had worked pretty hard most of the morning, so Dh, and I were taking a nap while it happened.

After we awoke, we went into town to eat at Outback. On the way, we saw smaller limbs had blown everywhere on the road, then came to a place where a good sized tree had split in half, and fallen over. We commented that it must've really been windy. As we continued further, there was an oncoming biker that kept flashing their headlights at us. Dh didn't think a whole lot about it, until we got to the huge tree that had fallen across the road.

We were able to get around the tree on one shoulder of the road, and continue on our journey. Supper was delicious. We took a different route on the way back home.
That is quite trip you had!

We are having a sketchy tree removed on Tuesday. It has been scaring me in our storms this year. I have been making room in the garage to move the Camaro in their since it is in the way of the tree removal.

I also spent the afternoon taking out the sliding glass doors to work on the wheels. Those things are heavy!

Back
Top Bottom