The Old Folks Home

Good morning. With Dd #1 in school, I've become the learning coach for the grands. I'm learning to navigate the virtual schooling programs. I'm catching on, but there is still stuff I'm learning. Yesterday, I recorded my grandson dissecting a flower, then laying the parts on a paper, and labeling all the parts. It was fun.

For math, he's doing angles. I ordered a set of clear protractors for him to use. That will help a lot. He has a normal protractor, but it's a nice, medium sized, metal one. The problem is, when you print out the worksheet pages, the images with the angles are small. With a larger, non-see through protractor, it's hard to get everything lined up, to see, and work with the small images. A clear one will solve that problem.

Dd is learning to draw blood. I did not know this, but they use an artificial arm, that they fill with a dye that simulates blood. No one is hurt in the process.
We jabbed fruit!

Good morning OF's. Supposed to start raining this evening into Sat morning so I need to get a few things done today.
At clue I've got 2 kiddo's I may homeschool and even though I do math and angles to make prints, figure out piping routes at work, I don't think I could do freshman high school Math. The wife was doing some calculus for college years ago. I was lost on even the simple stuff.
Now a days there are you tube math videos.

Some are really good.

I find it is more important to know how to teach, and how to teach the specific kid.

The subject matter stuff can always be found someplace. Library or internet. So the math you can learn with the kid.

I has 'maters coming already.. First blooms.
20210414_112010.jpg
I really want to move south... We can't even plant tomatoes for another month and a half. I love 'maters. I did get the garden tilled and peas, kale, collards planted earlier this week. Tomorrow and Sat we're getting a little snow lol.

Back
Top Bottom