The Old Folks Home

Cap, that shows how times have changed. I would never have even thought about an artificial arm that pumps blood, to practice on. Someone did though, and they invented it. Another thing about the artificial arm is, when it's filled full, that's like someone with good veins, but as they reduce the amount they fill it with, it more resembles those that have smaller, and harder to find, veins. They train them on several gauges of needles too, so they learn the proper angles to hold them at. Once they're proficient, they get to practice on each other.

They did similar with the finger jab. They practiced until their technique was right, then practiced on each other. When you hear the victims scream, it quickly reveals who needs to refine their technique.

Having medium difficulty veins myself, and at times having to get blood draws anywhere from each week, to each month, to every 3 months, along with weekly IV infusions, I'm glad they're using methods like this. There are certain people I'd hunt out to start my IV's, do my blood draws, etc. They had the "touch", and could nail it, without causing undue pain, while others had to stab multiple times, and it felt like they were using a harpoon.

Same thing with the finger jab. Most of the ones that were good with blood draws, and IV's could do the finger jab, and it was nothing. There were a few, however, that felt like they were driving a nail through your finger.

Cap, that shows how times have changed. I would never have even thought about an artificial arm that pumps blood, to practice on. Someone did though, and they invented it. Another thing about the artificial arm is, when it's filled full, that's like someone with good veins, but as they reduce the amount they fill it with, it more resembles those that have smaller, and harder to find, veins. They train them on several gauges of needles too, so they learn the proper angles to hold them at. Once they're proficient, they get to practice on each other.

They did similar with the finger jab. They practiced until their technique was right, then practiced on each other. When you hear the victims scream, it quickly reveals who needs to refine their technique.

Having medium difficulty veins myself, and at times having to get blood draws anywhere from each week, to each month, to every 3 months, along with weekly IV infusions, I'm glad they're using methods like this. There are certain people I'd hunt out to start my IV's, do my blood draws, etc. They had the "touch", and could nail it, without causing undue pain, while others had to stab multiple times, and it felt like they were using a harpoon.

Same thing with the finger jab. Most of the ones that were good with blood draws, and IV's could do the finger jab, and it was nothing. There were a few, however, that felt like they were driving a nail through your finger.
I've got shallow rolling veins, and very few were able to draw blood correctly. At the Pensacola VA there was one fella named Sam who was a combat medic.. I always asked for him. Now at Monroeville they already know to send the best. Keeps me happy.

I really want to move south... We can't even plant tomatoes for another month and a half. I love 'maters. I did get the garden tilled and peas, kale, collards planted earlier this week. Tomorrow and Sat we're getting a little snow lol.
I was wondering if I could keep a tomato house plant.

I was wondering if I could keep a tomato house plant.
I just learned in BYH that they are perennials and will stay alive as long as they don't freeze.
I mentioned planting some for the house at the end of the normal season for year long fresh tomato's. I think I'll start.
I keep some in the camper when I travel but set the pots out after I get where I'm going.

I just learned in BYH that they are perennials and will stay alive as long as they don't freeze.
I mentioned planting some for the house at the end of the normal season for year long fresh tomato's. I think I'll start.
I keep some in the camper when I travel but set the pots out after I get where I'm going.
Tomatoes become leggy here in the winter. In the Fall, you can burry a vine and it will grow back in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom