The Old Folks Home

Then oldest DD that just moved back with us on and off again with BF, after cooking Easter dinner for all of us tested after losing sense of smell and taste covid. Then we all on 10 day quarantine. Been a very carpy month.
Good now though. I hope.
It is good to see you on the mend!

Good morning Sour and other OF's. This time of year people here are wearing shorts. Another freeze tomorrow, snow flurries today.
I know those old 8ns are not very handy but one on my wish list, cause have you seen them with a flathead v8 in them? Wow!!
My 9N is very handy, as long as the round bale is small enough to be picked up. 3pt hydraulics got stuck in the up position last week, other than that still great to brush hog in tight spaces, blade the drive, etc... If that's if, I was to add a bigger motor I think the ford straight 6 would be the way to go.

Good afternoon OF! I was a busy camper this morning.. Mowing the front yard, cleaning pens and hen houses. I have to wait until later this evening before stealing Mara and Margaret from Prince.. Henrietta is back in her old pen, along with Bonnie, her grazing/roosting mate. Gonna give those 4 ladies a rest from breeding. Meanwhile I have one small turn out pen open as KE and Sara decided they liked the smaller square pen better than their round pen. YAY. And since Henrietta and Bonnie are in Henrietta's old pen (it was empty) that frees up the new big round pen for the 2 week olds. Was gonna take the 4 week olds out and put them in the smaller round pen, but it's supposed to be down to 40 tonight, then 44 tomorrow night.
What's with this crazy weather?

Mowed lawn for the first time this year. I'm out of shape - also a year older.

Well, I'm in to my 3rd cutting.. I mow about an hour then quit.. it does get easier as time passes. Yesterday I mowed for about 3 hours.
I aired up the mower tires and made a pass along the fence thennn I shut the gate and put a horse in the yard. My back is fine. :oops: I'm still out of shape though.

:oops: I have never in my life mowed a lawn. Not once.

When I was a kid, that was my brother's money making job, and he didn't want me to learn how. Then I was in college. Then I was in an apartment. Then I got married. I do the dishes, the laundry, and most of the gardening. DH mows and plows the driveway. And fixes things. And builds things (like the chicken coop).

Back
Top Bottom