The Old Folks Home

I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, fish, rabbits, and about 100 chickens, more or less.
Here? 6 dogs now, 5 cats and 50 some odd chickens. I never count the chickens. Given my history, bad juju plus saves me from DH giving me the stink eye scowl when he picks up bags of feed for me.

Dang it, he's too good at math.

Cap that Clematis is gorgeous. Friends who passed away a year ago had three clematis in their yard. Deep purple a pink and a white. I've never been able to get one to grow. Our dirt is too bad on the ridges.

Here? 6 dogs now, 5 cats and 50 some odd chickens. I never count the chickens. Given my history, bad juju plus saves me from DH giving me the stink eye scowl when he picks up bags of feed for me.

Dang it, he's too good at math.

Cap that Clematis is gorgeous. Friends who passed away a year ago had three clematis in their yard. Deep purple a pink and a white. I've never been able to get one to grow. Our dirt is too bad on the ridges.
I planted this one in clay soil, among pieces of gravel. But I did put a layer of rabbit poo on top.

Good morning.
@CSolis check into Bravecto. Had a MAJOR flea outbreak here several years ago. Vet prescribed Bravecto. 12 hours after giving it to the dogs all fleas were dead. It is supposed to last 3 months. Sprayed the lawn/kennel area and have been flea free since. It's a little pricey, but in my experience well worth the price.

Ok all those of you with experience in hatching. The egg I found under the nest box when the snake attacked my broody, is in the incubator. I had decided to take my chances with it.
The air cell is very large on the big end of the egg, and the baby is moving like crazy in there. I want to move it into the second incubator where I can stop rotation for it. Will it hurt if it's moved a day or two too soon? Like I said, the air cell is huge now, and the baby is really moving a lot, so I don't want to keep on rotating it if it's within the last few days, but I don't know for sure.

Ok all those of you with experience in hatching. The egg I found under the nest box when the snake attacked my broody, is in the incubator. I had decided to take my chances with it.
The air cell is very large on the big end of the egg, and the baby is moving like crazy in there. I want to move it into the second incubator where I can stop rotation for it. Will it hurt if it's moved a day or two too soon? Like I said, the air cell is huge now, and the baby is really moving a lot, so I don't want to keep on rotating it if it's within the last few days, but I don't know for sure.
The egg will be fine!

Turning at the end of incubation is not necessary really.

The egg will be fine!

Turning at the end of incubation is not necessary really.
Thanks... I went back and made a chart beginning Apr 21st, which is the first day I reported Snowflake staying on the nest all poofed up. So, Today would be day 16. I may wait another day or two before moving the egg into the second incubator.. I'm trying to time it as closely as I can without going overboard. (I'm going overboard... lol)

Raises head to squint at the computer monitor. Too tired to go back and reread what I wrote and my brains are too mushified to remember.
This:

Many years ago my mother had a dog who managed to dislocate his hip. Took him to the vet and decided to do a manual reduction and splint. I went in the next day to pick him up and got the bill. Surgery, x-rays, splint and cast, the whole nine yards was something like 250 dollars at the time. I asked them if they were sure that was the right amount for all they had done and they assured me it was.

It must have been MANY MANY MANY years ago!

8years ago, Bruce, Illinois College of Optometry grads.
Surgery, x-rays, splint and cast is related to Illinois College of Optometry grads how?

Back
Top Bottom