The Old Folks Home

Well, Snowflake and 6 of her brood are out and about.. I placed the hay from the nesting box on the ground under the nesting box, but she choose to dig a nice big hole in the dirt, and plooped there.. Babies all snug between her and the earth. I hatched 2 eggs from the brood in the incubator, another one is on lock down.. a few more at various stages in the Nurture right rotating away... One stink bomb that went in the trash and one with a blood ring joined it. We will see how many of them hatch.

Ron, you need a scoped .22 and some good bait. Put the bait down that is so tempting so scrumptious that they can't pass it up. The rat equivalent of a Dairy Queen hot fudge brownie delight. Then you pick a safe vantage point where a .22 won't go wild, get comfy, site in your scope so you are basically looking into the scope at all times so you don't have to make any sudden movements and when Brer Rat moves in on the rat crack treat BAM! he doesn't know what hits him only since you are using a .22 it's more like a loud POP. A scoped .17 is even more fun. They explode.

Hi everyone. I'm feeling better. We got the path report in on Sid. Definitely Pythiosis. I can't say enough Please be careful with your dogs and where they swim or wade. Dogs are usually resistant to Pythium but if they have a problem with their immune system or an injury where the critters can gain access OR through their mucus membranes then they can become infected. We don't know how Sid became infected but the disease was so advanced that there was no way they could save her. She had everything from peritonitis to masses near her right kidney. If you are curious about this disease and the states it's found in, go to this site:

pythiosis.com

Be better educated than your vet about this because most vets don't know about it.

Getting the report and the memory gift from the MIZZOU veterinary hospital was a form of closure for me. They learned a lot from her and I'm glad that her life and death stood for something. Hopefully cures will progress from what is out there at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom