The Old Folks Home

UT OHHHHHHHH, Near panic attack this morning. Was out enjoying the weather and sunshine, then came in for coffee.. started candling the eggs in the Nurture Right 360 that is still in first stage mode. I've been moving eggs from that one to a secondary one that's in final stage (no rotation, higher humidity). So, what did I find? One of the remaining eggs I had brought in from Snowflake's nest had pipped! I thought.. ohhhhhh nooooooo.... so I moved it to the secondary incubator, waited a bit then shown a flashlight in through the plastic... YAY, I see baby is moving,,, trying to get out.

The first one I brought in and successfully hatched (egg found under the nest after snake attack) was driving me nuts.. Cheeping at the top of his little lungs, waking me up at all hours.. Then a second one hatched and ever since the two have been inseparable, and they are quiet. I got some sleep!

HAPPY SATURDAY!

lovesfarms, Way before Covid, my chest CT's describe a few miniscule specks in my lungs as "ground glass in appearance". In my case, it's where a few cells had become cancerous, but not enough to be diagnosed as a recognizable mass. It can also be where cancer cells have died. In my case, they check to make sure there are no new occurrences, and no increase in size of the current ones.

I am not saying this is related to you, but typically it's not as bad as it sounds, and it's not Covid related at all.

lovesfarms, Way before Covid, my chest CT's describe a few miniscule specks in my lungs as "ground glass in appearance". In my case, it's where a few cells had become cancerous, but not enough to be diagnosed as a recognizable mass. It can also be where cancer cells have died. In my case, they check to make sure there are no new occurrences, and no increase in size of the current ones.

I am not saying this is related to you, but typically it's not as bad as it sounds, and it's not Covid related at all.
Thank you! I couldn't figure out what it meant

Thank you! I couldn't figure out what it meant

Maybe that's why he wanted to wait to have a discussion until after the biopsies return. Maybe that's why it's making me so curious because I noticed a hesitancy in his desire to go into details at this point.

My doctor's practice has one that I was dubious about but learned to love.

When I worked either with my husband or in clinical nursing we hated HIPPA with a passion. True that it protected a patient's privacy which is good but when you have family members that live a thousand miles away and just heard from a sib that their mom had been moved to a nursing home and the family member is in tears wanting to know if 'mom' was alive, how is she doing? is she dying? When you reach that moment in time, you get creative. I would say something about patient's rights but in my next breath say 'but IF your mom was here and IF I could say anything, What I MIGHT say is that she is sucking in air and exhaling it out and in good spirits.

At that point I could hear an audible sigh of relief followed by profound thanks.

There needs to be a happy medium with such things. They do allow family or the patient to designate who can be privy to patient information. I had to do that yesterday at the doctors and have to do it once a year. But with all the hacking going on I can't help but wonder how HIPPA regulations and internet use can be deemed 100% effective and protected.

And a little side note. in 2013, the computer software for running a portal site was between 35,000 and 50,000 dollars. Higher for internal medicine. My doc back in IL told me that on top of paying an exorbitant price for the software, he would have to hire at least three new people to handle the switchover and it would take over a year to set up.

Like us, he had a practice in a small western IL town where generating the patient volume to warrant such a purchase and investment wasn't even worth considering.

We did it the old fashion way....we talked to our patients when they had questions and then we retired.
I learned to like the portal especially because our lab often send us the results but not the Dr. It's easier for me to upload my copy for the Dr then it is too contact the lab and ask them to give a copy to the Dr. The Dr can't treat us without the results!

I've learned to ask for hard copies of all my labs and x-rays, CTs be sent to me. I've had a hard time getting copies sent to various doctors that I see so now I carry copies with me and hand them out as need arises.

Never did see any sun here today. Just cloudy and wet so everything is growing like crazy.

I did get my onion sets from Gurneys this week and planted them. They were a lot better quality than the ones from Burpees. Planted them on Wednesday and they are sprouting all ready. Burpees are lagging.

The portals here are not set up by each individual practitioner. They're networked, usually through the hospitals. The majority of your doctors, if they had to send you to the hospital for a procedure, would use a certain hospital. Here, you contact that hospital, and get set up through them. They assign the portal. Any, and all of your doctors that practice there, and are networked in, will be listed. All information, from every visit, for any of those doctors is then uploaded automatically into the portal. That's so all your doctors can easily access all of your current medical information, and keep it all updated.

For the very few doctors that don't participate in the network, there is an option to allow them access. My PCP is not networked in, but because I am, and have allowed access, my PCP has the option to log in, get all the current information, and add information regarding my visit. That way, my other doctors stay updated. It's so popular, at least 4 major hospitals and all their participating doctors are networked in.

I guess a lot would depend on where you live, and how big the largest hospital(s) are that are closest to you.

Back
Top Bottom