The Old Folks Home

Mine seems to be working okay....for a change. It just keeps putting emails in my trash file. Like...WHY? People who write me all the time fer gawds sake. Why put them in the trash file?

It's GOOGLE that's why!

You all should be able to hear what we are hearing right now. With all the rain and the mild temps to go with it, step outside and you are hit with a wall of frog sound. Chirping, peeping, croaking, ribbitting frog song! It's amazing.

I hear ya, Cap. I didn't have the fatigue as much as I did the neuritis pain from it. It seemed to last forever. Then the Herxheimer effect from the antibiotics.

God I hate ticks.

Have you asked your doctor about doing another round of doxy or tetracycline? I swear it takes forever to get the re-emerging cystic form of the bacteria knocked back down.
I have some I am taking.

Morning all. More rain. We have had another inch since last night. It was pouring when I got up.:( Everything is GREEN GREEN GREEN though. It's one of those springs where every shade of the color has exploded in the forest.

@CapricornFarm :hugsI know how you are feeling and it's tough to deal with. Have you been to the lyme.net site? Lots of nice people there and everyone has the same thing in common. Also lots of good self help ideas.

Has your doc tested you for lyme co infections? Last month Missouri's dept of conservation announced that they wanted people to send them ticks that they find on themselves or on their property. They are doing a study on them trying to figure out what diseases they are carrying in the state. Yeah, Iike I really want to know that one.

@penny1960. Sorry to hear that Moose isn't feeling well. But I know he's in good hands with you and we all know that getting old ain't for wimps. Still I know how much we worry about our fur and feather babies and hate to see them hurt or suffer.

Hope he gets to feeling better.

Morning all. More rain. We have had another inch since last night. It was pouring when I got up.:( Everything is GREEN GREEN GREEN though. It's one of those springs where every shade of the color has exploded in the forest.

@CapricornFarm :hugsI know how you are feeling and it's tough to deal with. Have you been to the lyme.net site? Lots of nice people there and everyone has the same thing in common. Also lots of good self help ideas.

Has your doc tested you for lyme co infections? Last month Missouri's dept of conservation announced that they wanted people to send them ticks that they find on themselves or on their property. They are doing a study on them trying to figure out what diseases they are carrying in the state. Yeah, Iike I really want to know that one.

@penny1960. Sorry to hear that Moose isn't feeling well. But I know he's in good hands with you and we all know that getting old ain't for wimps. Still I know how much we worry about our fur and feather babies and hate to see them hurt or suffer.

Hope he gets to feeling better.
The doctor said there was no point testing for any other diseases because the antibiotics should cover those too. He doesn't impress me.
No, I have not been on that web site . Been busy , reading a book about the topic .
Bought a truckload of materials to build another coop the other day. Today I went and picked up 23 bales of hay for goats and bunnies.

The doctor said there was no point testing for any other diseases because the antibiotics should cover those too. He doesn't impress me.
No, I have not been on that web site . Been busy , reading a book about the topic .
Bought a truckload of materials to build another coop the other day. Today I went and picked up 23 bales of hay for goats and bunnies.
You need to find a Lyme literate doctor or a doctor who specializes in contagious diseases. Your doc must think it's a one size fits all sort of treatment and it isn't. There are co-infections that require different antibiotics. I'm trying to remember but think...and don't quote me.... I think they use azithromycin to treat Babesiosis which is one of the co infections.

I was lucky enough that one of our patients had Lyme and wound up having to take hyperbaric treatments for it. She suffered for almost 20 years before she was diagnosed. Lucky also we both saw the same doctor so I would go in and tell him that whatever he was doing for her, do the same thing for me....but not the hyperbaric treatments, lol.

A lot of the people on lyme.net do the complementary treatments as well as the antibiotic. Lots of turmeric and natural antibiotics. Folks get so desperate that they will try anything to feel better.

Cap, I would be stunned if you weren't busy....and probably heading east to check on you! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom