The Old Folks Home

I grew up in Delmar, not far from Albany!
Thinking of maybe going up to Lake George great escape six flags amusement park with the kids. Haven't ever been there.
Told DW if we do we're going to have to stop at the last Howard Johnson restaurant. Might not be the same but just have to stop there just because. ..well it's the last only one...
:lol:

Good morning.
Thinking of maybe going up to Lake George great escape six flags amusement park with the kids. Haven't ever been there.
Told DW if we do we're going to have to stop at the last Howard Johnson restaurant. Might not be the same but just have to stop there just because. ..well it's the last only one...
'Lake George' - one of our first family vacations - a LONG time ago. HoJo's was the place to go.

and you must stop at Martha's ice cream stand---just to see the huge CONES they serve!
we like that area a lot--perfect for an overnight mini vacation. I didn't know it's the last HoJos. Rachael Ray worked there .

I HATE setting up new cell phones, and I really HATE the new selection. Dd#1 broke her phone. An hour before closing, Dh insists we run to the phone store, which is about 25 minutes away. He wanted me to have the latest, greatest phone.

When we arrived, you could tell the guy was somewhat of a newbie. When we told him what we wanted, he informed us that they don't do data transfers from the old phone to the new one, when it's that close to closing. We could take the phone, and do it ourselves. This is called the bum rush. I wasn't impressed. When trying to get a $1,600.00 phone, I don't think a little customer service is too much to ask.

When I was asking about the difference between the various S21 model phones, the S21 Ultra 5G has the best camera available on any phone. Wow, I wasn't the least bit impressed. I want a phone, and yes a decent camera is nice, but I would never use my phone for serious pictures. We have a good Nikon camera for that.

When I mentioned I had everything backed up on my mini SD card, so it would be easy to transfer data, I was informed the new S21 Ultra 5G's doesn't take them. They come with 3 memory sizes. Ok, we want the largest one.

The guy gets a phone from the back, gets the info transferred, and activates the new SIM card. That's when he told us it was only the 120 GB capacity. Um, we said we wanted the largest available memory, which is the 520 GB. Nope, they don't carry them. All they carry is the 120 GB. To get the larger memory, they would have to order it in. He then asks why I would need all that memory. To store pictures, videos, music, etc. He then asks why I would store things on my phone, when I could use (pay for) streaming services for music, and store everything else on the cloud. I don't want to use streaming services, and I don't back things up on the cloud. There are things I prefer to keep on my phone, and I back up pics, videos I take, etc. on my computer, and a portable hard drive.

At that point, I had enough, told him to take the phone back, and cancel everything. (I was going to come home, study the phones and pick one that better suited my wants, then go back tomorrow, or go online and order the one I actually wanted). The guy's face was priceless. Total shock, and disbelief. Dh's face was also shock, and disbelief. Dh took the phone. He was so embarrassed, he didn't bother getting any of his discounts. He was yelling at me the whole ride home, and I was yelling right back at him. 1. They wouldn't help us with transferring data. 2. They made it clear they were more concerned about getting us out of there before closing time, than assisting us with anything. 3 They did a bait & switch with the phones, since they didn't even HAVE the one we wanted. 4. It doesn't matter why I want the larger memory capacity, and I really don't care about his condescending opinion about me wanting the larger memory.

Dd is getting my S10+, which is a great phone. I got Dh's S20 Ultra (Yes, I can add my SD card for extra memory), and Dh got stuck with the new S21 Ultra. Oh, he's since discovered that the sound quality on the new phone, is not very good.

I HATE setting up new cell phones, and I really HATE the new selection. Dd#1 broke her phone. An hour before closing, Dh insists we run to the phone store, which is about 25 minutes away. He wanted me to have the latest, greatest phone.

When we arrived, you could tell the guy was somewhat of a newbie. When we told him what we wanted, he informed us that they don't do data transfers from the old phone to the new one, when it's that close to closing. We could take the phone, and do it ourselves. This is called the bum rush. I wasn't impressed. When trying to get a $1,600.00 phone, I don't think a little customer service is too much to ask.

When I was asking about the difference between the various S21 model phones, the S21 Ultra 5G has the best camera available on any phone. Wow, I wasn't the least bit impressed. I want a phone, and yes a decent camera is nice, but I would never use my phone for serious pictures. We have a good Nikon camera for that.

When I mentioned I had everything backed up on my mini SD card, so it would be easy to transfer data, I was informed the new S21 Ultra 5G's doesn't take them. They come with 3 memory sizes. Ok, we want the largest one.

The guy gets a phone from the back, gets the info transferred, and activates the new SIM card. That's when he told us it was only the 120 GB capacity. Um, we said we wanted the largest available memory, which is the 520 GB. Nope, they don't carry them. All they carry is the 120 GB. To get the larger memory, they would have to order it in. He then asks why I would need all that memory. To store pictures, videos, music, etc. He then asks why I would store things on my phone, when I could use (pay for) streaming services for music, and store everything else on the cloud. I don't want to use streaming services, and I don't back things up on the cloud. There are things I prefer to keep on my phone, and I back up pics, videos I take, etc. on my computer, and a portable hard drive.

At that point, I had enough, told him to take the phone back, and cancel everything. (I was going to come home, study the phones and pick one that better suited my wants, then go back tomorrow, or go online and order the one I actually wanted). The guy's face was priceless. Total shock, and disbelief. Dh's face was also shock, and disbelief. Dh took the phone. He was so embarrassed, he didn't bother getting any of his discounts. He was yelling at me the whole ride home, and I was yelling right back at him. 1. They wouldn't help us with transferring data. 2. They made it clear they were more concerned about getting us out of there before closing time, than assisting us with anything. 3 They did a bait & switch with the phones, since they didn't even HAVE the one we wanted. 4. It doesn't matter why I want the larger memory capacity, and I really don't care about his condescending opinion about me wanting the larger memory.

Dd is getting my S10+, which is a great phone. I got Dh's S20 Ultra (Yes, I can add my SD card for extra memory), and Dh got stuck with the new S21 Ultra. Oh, he's since discovered that the sound quality on the new phone, is not very good.

I have a flip phone- dont need or want anything other than out going call/ incoming call

gibbs-flip-phone-ncis.jpg

Back
Top Bottom