The Old Folks Home

I was going through some pictures for the garden forum and remembered that I had taken these. The second one I had posted earlier of our 'fill the lagoon project'.

The first one is the finished project. I think my husband did an amazing job considering that he only had the tractor with a bucket on one end and a blade on the other to work with.

Now we are waiting for the grass to come up.

IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG

When is that going to happen Ron? Does it have to be posted during the contest or are pre posted articles eligible?
The new article contest is in the planning stage so is should be up soon.

Usually you post a link to the article in the contest thread.

Thanks, Ron. That is what you commonly call motivation!
The discussion about the new article contest is to limit the amount of time it is open.

Some of the article contests have gone on for more than a year to reach a minimum number of entries. That is too long for a contest!

Good morning, :frow
Did you have chicken pox as a kid?
I don't know. Two older sisters had it, but no one remembers whether or not I had a frank case.
The assumption is that everyone over a certain age had chicken pox!

It is very contagious and does not always have symptoms
I'm going with this.

The assumption is that everyone over a certain age had chicken pox!
Probably true. The vaccine didn't come out until most here were WAY into adulthood. Approved here the year DD2 was born - 1995.

They keep using the word 'rare' with side effects. But there was a saying that was passed onto my husband when he started practice. "It isn't rare if it's in your chair'.
That would be DW. Don't even bother looking at the top of the side effects list. Start at the bottom "rare" things.

My grandmother didn't get it until she was almost 30, she was crazy sick.
CP and I think measles are WAY more dangerous when an adult gets them.

Probably true. The vaccine didn't come out until most here were WAY into adulthood. Approved here the year DD2 was born - 1995.

That would be DW. Don't even bother looking at the top of the side effects list. Start at the bottom "rare" things.

CP and I think measles are WAY more dangerous when an adult gets them.
Mumps too!

Complications of Mumps​

Español (Spanish)
Mumps can occasionally cause complications, especially in adults.
Complications can include:
  • inflammation of the testicles (orchitis); this may lead to a decrease in testicular size (testicular atrophy)
  • inflammation of the ovaries (oophoritis) and/or breast tissue (mastitis)
  • inflammation in the pancreas (pancreatitis)
  • inflammation of the brain (encephalitis)
  • inflammation of the tissue covering the brain and spinal cord (meningitis)
  • deafness
Inflammation of the testicles could lead to temporary sterility or decrease fertility in men, but no studies have assessed if it results in permanent infertility.

Back
Top Bottom