The Old Folks Home

He Old Folks had a great find browsing craig's list last night.
4 x 8 sheets of 3/8 plywood they had 16 of them 30.00 each .. Said I will take 10 .. this morning had a response sure come get them ..
Took 2 hours to drive there but same at home depot is like 120.00 right now :idunno
$120.00 for a sheet of 3/8 plywood? Goodgrief

micro -- use this link, then click on the red date for whatever race you want to watch (it'll pop to another screen), then click on the "Video" button at the top right.

https://pbkweb.pbkennelclub.com/gsrframe.asp?dogname=Barts Irish Ale

The race on 2/2/20 and 2/26/20 are good ones. But any race watched he's easy to spot as he's pretty much the only all-white dog racing.

He just turned 3 y.o. on July 2nd and he retired the 1st of this year. And, no, he won't replace the gentlemanly Norman, but he's got fabulous companion instincts. Big into cuddling and kisses and very even tempered (especially where bent-out-of-shape bratty demon diva Dolce is concerned.)

Last edited:
:barnie your chickens!!!!!

Coops tight? Chickens ok?
Not usually, coops not tight, much tighter now that lost a few needed wanted ones to that fox awhile back still haven't got that sucker. Have chickens in a dog kennel coop now next to duck coop run, main big chicken house for weeks, couple months maybe I've had open and ready with traps set fox ain't took the bait. Found out from neighbor neighbor down the road has about fed all their chickens to that fox prob why it ain't been back. Neighbor hasn't lost any good coops but has had it try, digging spots next to runs, and also has set traps.
This yote is a new one for me knew they where around just not brazen enough to get any where near our house.
I don't usually set up trail cameras for predator control this one was for garden probs any I have had cought fox walking by coops never had a prob with them until recently.
Now this coyote. About 50 foot from house and both new chicken spot and ducks. Have trail camera there now haven't seen anything yet.

Man what a runner! You are right when you call him a Secretariat like runner. I've always been amazed by their speed and agility. When I was thinking about adopting one the woman who had the display that I talked to said, no big deal on exercise. Get them out to a fenced field once a week and let them run. Take them home and they are back on the sofa being couch potatoes. there was one there that attached herself to me. It was all I could do to walk away from her but she belonged to the woman who was running the adoption center.

I'm glad Rocki isn't anything like Sidney. She is more independent, not as clingy but still affectionate. She will jump in my lap, hang around for a few cuddles and back scratches then that's it, I got things to do. Sid would velcro herself to me. Now her brother, Ben has taken over the velcro title. Her other brothers, Varn and DIesel are more like Rocki. Just busy all the time and independent.

I'm so glad you and Guinness found one another.

He Old Folks had a great find browsing craig's list last night.
4 x 8 sheets of 3/8 plywood they had 16 of them 30.00 each .. Said I will take 10 .. this morning had a response sure come get them ..
Took 2 hours to drive there but same at home depot is like 120.00 right now :idunno
Score!!!
I heard plywood was astronomical, was couple months ago was in home depot or lowes, just walking by it saw $75 sheet , crazy...
Glad I wasn't looking to build anything.

I think that is what happened to my garden also, @Beer can.

I'm thinking now that I have more squash plants than squash on the plants. That's okay as long as I get enough to last DH and myself through the winter.

The potatoes seem to have loved the wet weather though and the tomatoes that didn't get hit by the rain induced wilt are full of fruit. We will probably be digging potatoes soon as about 75% of them have died back.

But I was really afraid that we were going to be up to our eyeballs in squash but looking at the vines that are starting to die, I'm not seeing that many squash. Although the Turkish Turban squash are huge.

Now I need to hunt up some recipes on how to cook the silly things.

Back
Top Bottom