The Old Folks Home

Funny for the day...

grocery funny.jpg

@microchick they can't give a feeding tube because of clips in the esophgus and potential infections. So he's on IV, and full liquid diet including boost pudding, ensure and they will keep him until they are confidant he's eating. His GI is following him through his colleagues.
So they can't PEG him or drop a NG tube down him due to the clips (the latter) and infection (the PEG) oh man talk about being trapped between the proverbial rock and a hard place. I understand what you and he are dealing with right now.

@CSolis, you rock! Now load that mower up, head west, cross the Mississippi at St Louis, head north and don't stop till you reach Macon county. Call me when you get there and I'll guide you in. I have about a half an acre to mow right now and just can't get motivated to do it.
Ummmmmmmmm, can't hear ya! After cooling off a bit, put on some shorts and went out to rake it all up. Spent the next hour cleaning out old grass from the pens and putting in what I raked up. We dig around in it, eat it, then sleep in it. So much fun. The free ranging gals were following me around and all the old clippings pulled out and pile up were their target. Crazy birds. But 3 pens refreshed and a 4th with clippings to play in since I raked out their pen yesterday, or was it the day before? 🤪

@sourland What is going on with Bonnie. I can understand her chunking a broken egg out of the nest but this is crazy. Yesterday 1 broken, 1 whole egg rejected. Today 6 more rejected. I broke open the 6 she rejected today and found well developing chicks inside. All around 8 days in development. I wonder if she's separating the girls from the boys or just doesn't want so many babies to tend to.

@Peep_Show And to think I just pulled out a pack of leg quarters to bake in the roaster. Hum. At least the packaging didn't assume I was an idiot. :lau

Health is undervalued (especially by the younger generations) until it isn't there. Then it is priceless.
That is for sure. NOTHING like what @lovesfarms DH and @microchick are going through but an example of undervaluing:
This morning DW (with her RA) said her feet were too far away so she went to the stairs, put her foot on the 2nd one up to tie her shoe. Yesterday 26 Y/O DD2 was putting on her shoe ... standing in the mudroom tying the shoe on her foot 1 step down on the porch.

:celebrate:he:confused:No front legs huh @Peep_Show
:gig Nope, they are as rare as hen's teeth!!! I bet they cost a fortune.

I was searching for a thread that I could relate to. I noticed that the really active threads were the kids' threads. That's fine, but I really enjoy chatting with people my age (old.) Then I noticed the active state threads, but MY state's thread is hit or miss. I love the hatch-alongs and the swaps but those can be sporadic.

I really wanted to find a thread where anything and everything (within BYC rules) can be thrown out and other middle aged folks could relax and enjoy each others company. I want to have a thread where we can keep up with old BYC friends, and make new ones.

If that appeals to you, regardless of your age, please subscribe!
I used to be a principal musician of a symphony orchestra, became disabled from neck surgery hardware and constant pain. I started watching homestead channels like Coghill, and KC farms, bunch of chicken things, decided chickens would force me outside in winter (it’s snowy enough you can just hole up for weeks sometimes) and I had a lovely coop and run built, waited on and changed my Murray McMurray order for about ten months, and last April 8 I became a chicken poppa! Being older and in pain can be no fun, but, since raising my babies, I really feel better. Even have two varieties of giant pumpkins going along with a mixed French style garden..this site is new for me, I’m enjoying it..

Back
Top Bottom