The Old Folks Home

In a word? NO! It's not common practice and if somebody is offending you or attacking you, flag the posts and report them to one of the moderators to step in. The moderators here on BYC are great. In fact, one of them, @ronott1 hangs out here at the Home.

But you don't have to put up with that. You can also hit the ignore button on them if you want and not be stressed out. Most people here are super nice and supportive and we moderator ourselves and one another a lot. Don't be afraid to defend yourself. But you know in the world called perfect everyone is nice but unfortunately this world isn't called Perfect.
The ignore member button is very helpful!

I’m new here..why is Stormcrow viciously attacking me in another thread about oyster shell and soy? All I said was that I found an alleged organic source of calcium because I was concerned about lack of testing for heavy metals, or the broader category “badness,” and was using a non corn, non soy organic feed. Then got into it over soy..is this common for ppl to set up a little fiefdom and attack newbies? Edit..getting attacked brings out my worst..I got snarky too, especially after I gave a peace offering and it was rebuffed..
If the post violates BYC rules, which it sounds like it does in your case, click on the report button.

Moderators do not search for bad actors but will respond quickly to a report.

Well, I am new, I don’t want to be a big stone in a pond..we argued over the minutiae of scientific analysis, and, it’s not worth it. It’s silly really, because we all rely on a Google search for information and unless you do a metric f ton of checking, who knows what’s online nowadays? I read that the information is accumulating so fast, there are vast server farms using billions of gallons of water for cooling in the southwest deserts. Great..even less water for salt lake! Maybe make storage servers in space..seems like an orbit that keeps them dark would cool them, but then again, they usually depend on solar power to operate the satellites..well, I’ll let them figure that out.
They are starting to put cloud servers in cold places now.

The ignore member button is very helpful!

If the post violates BYC rules, which it sounds like it does in your case, click on the report button.

Moderators do not search for bad actors but will respond quickly to a report.
No, not worth it. I made nice. Some ppl want to dole out the vicious head pecks. Not much to do to change their minds.

Ever see Metallica play with the San Francisco symphony orchestra?
Now that was awesome lol
smiley_emoticons_ozboss_gitarre2.gif

Ever see Metallica play with the San Francisco symphony orchestra?
Now that was awesome lol
View attachment 2786779
I wish my memory was better..I,played with so many pops groups..I do remember James Taylor was super nice, Kenny G can’t read music, like, literally..any touring group that used orchestral backup in the last 27 years I played with..long time ago, one of the first pops groups I played with was the Doc Severinsen group..his guitarists were phenomenal. It always shocked me how accomplished the pops artists were. I was a little jealous..ppl like Elton John could hold an entire stadium in ecstatic thrall all by themselves..

In a word? NO! It's not common practice and if somebody is offending you or attacking you, flag the posts and report them to one of the moderators to step in. The moderators here on BYC are great. In fact, one of them, @ronott1 hangs out here at the Home.

But you don't have to put up with that. You can also hit the ignore button on them if you want and not be stressed out. Most people here are super nice and supportive and we moderator ourselves and one another a lot. Don't be afraid to defend yourself. But you know in the world called perfect everyone is nice but unfortunately this world isn't called Perfect.
I loves the ignore button, never used it, hope I don't have to,

Back
Top Bottom