The Old Folks Home

Ever see Metallica play with the San Francisco symphony orchestra?
Now that was awesome lol
View attachment 2786779

My favorite Metallica story:
I was sitting in my folks' backyard in the S.F. Bay Area (Piedmont) enjoying a sunny day when there was this awful racket from the garage at a neighbor's house (said garage being a huge stone building at the end of their driveway.) My thought was "Well, those kids better not quit their day jobs. They need A LOT more practice." A couple of years later at a high school reunion I run into a classmate who had grown up in that house. She informed me that her folks sold the house to a band member of Metallica. Oops! Who knew? Guess they were banging out the details of their latest creation or some such.

I wish my memory was better..I,played with so many pops groups..I do remember James Taylor was super nice, Kenny G can’t read music, like, literally..any touring group that used orchestral backup in the last 27 years I played with..long time ago, one of the first pops groups I played with was the Doc Severinsen group..his guitarists were phenomenal. It always shocked me how accomplished the pops artists were. I was a little jealous..ppl like Elton John could hold an entire stadium in ecstatic thrall all by themselves..
:bow

As for clashing with difficult members, I just like to use the line, we will have to agree to disagree. Now play nice!

You have an amazing history with music. I would have swapped my career in nursing for a career in music in a New York minute...and would have probably been a lot healthier not to mention a lot saner! :celebrate

I was chatting with a neighbor about a project she wanted done, but it hadn't happened. It was putting hardware cloth around some posts to make a compost bin. I said I'd do it for her, and she said what did I want for my trouble?

How about the rest of the roll of HC? So I got about 15 feet of 36" HC for maybe half an hour of easy work. She got what she needed, I got something I needed. Win-win.

Back
Top Bottom