The Old Folks Home

Any body good at verse? I had a thought when the adrenaline started gushing..
doing a poem to the "Night before Christmas'

The Eve before Eggodus

Twas the eve before eggsodus and what do you know?
Mom sat there staring with eyes all aglow.
Two eggs were pipping and had begun the show
So mom just had to stay 'in the know'
She whispered so gently ' I know you can do it'
and continued to sit there watching all through it.
Come little eggsie, leggsie, get those shells crackin'
This ain't no time for nappin'
There work to do so we can hear yappin'

Golly, too many verses to make up. I need help!
Looks like you have a good start. I've never been any good at prose.

The wind didn't get too bad here..Provo got it worse. Have to share our neighbors tree. My husband and I would go to our front window and watch that tree whenever it got real windy. I had to go check it out yesterday. It's been leaning like that for years! I'm thinking the roots are being held tight.. underneath that house. 😄
20210919_154938.jpg

Northern area.
Not my fave food wise. They start to eat herring, and start to reduce cream sauces, and more straight potatoes...

I kept fantasizing of sitting down and making a map of reginal German food never did.....

Ya know, like all of the various kinds of Knödel, and Spätzle, and potatoes... and then the bakeries, and how much whipped cream they stuff into their cakes. :lau

I really like the food in the Rhön.

Al, my dad was Pennsylvania Duetch. I was raised on German food from his side of the family and southern cuisine from my moms. Sour Kraut? You betcha. Rivle Soup? My all time favorite comfort food. Cup cheese? Braunschweiger sausage? Sweet Summer sausage? Shoo fly pie? Muenster cheese? German Pot pie? Sour cream chocolate cake?

God I'm making myself hungry. Miss you daddy.

Same here. I open the coop door and it looks like a pillow fight gone bad. Some of the hens are starting to look really ratty and one of the roos lost his tail overnight. Everyone seems to be running from everyone else and squawking at one another. The only ones molting gracefully are the Fayoumi hens.

DH asked me if I wanted to get the coop cleaned and I looked at all the feathers and said...after molt.

Funny thing though is my girls are still doing pretty good with egg production. At least 6-9 a day. Some days less but average about 5 a day. More than enough for our use.

I decided to scramble up a couple dozen eggs tonight for the dogs. Broke a bantam egg and it was rotten....eeeewwwww rotten. Egg shell was intact so I don't know what went wrong nor was I about to look into it past getting it out of the house.....fast.

Back
Top Bottom