The Old Folks Home

I worked hard to get a place with a nice big yard, made sure it wasn't sharing well, driveway or anything else. Our yard was shown in the pictures when they bought there house and from that they assumed it went with the house rather then asking the realtor and seller. They also thought the 2-car garage was there's until AFTER they bought it. The shop across 1st Ave belongs to the property and they assumed the yard around it was there's until AFTER they bought it. They didn't do there home work till after they bought it. That's why I don't feel sorry for them because I did lots of HARD work before buying. If a large yard was as important to them as it was for me, they should have focused on it. They are second time home owners and I'm first. I also made sure there wasnt a house a couple feet away from us cause DH values his privacy. Their house is along main and ours is way back by 1st Ave. I bought the property and I feel I have the right to not have people walking back and forth

If they can't get to the side and front of their house the buildings are likely illegally close to the lot line. If that is the case and the town isn't going to force them do a "remodel" to the legal setbacks, they will have to put a garage door on the back side of the garage so they can go from back to front without leaving their property. If you have small setbacks (some places it is 3') and their mower is wider than that .. TOO DAMN BAD, they can get a narrow push mower for the side and front.

What is on the other side of their lot that keeps them from going around that side?

Put up some no trespassing signs on the lot line; when the fence goes up, move the signs to it. Take a picture or video of them whenever you see them on the wrong side of those signs. Give those to the police.

:hugs this would be stressful for anyone and you have the anxiety issue to start with.
They have a stone wall on that side. The town is a really old town..a lot of really weird properties, chopped up and rented out. Really big beautiful but not kept up old houses with steep match box front yard and no side yards. I guess that's why I could afford it🙂. Ours is from 1930, new roof, siding, and on demand hot water heater, remodeled bathroom. All the work done 2 years and less before we got it. Very efficient and mortgage lower then what we used to rent for. But it's the yard that attracted me.

Back
Top Bottom