The Old Folks Home

Yes, i have had skin cancer removed.
I showed my doctor areas of skin i thought were Scleroderma, they are not red , but leathery. He took a biopsy on my chest, and it came back as mild eczema. Idk which issues are causing my spinal pain, but the glands in my neck are enlarged as well. Just tired of not feeling well and having incurable conditions like IBS. No energy and fatigue. Still of the opinion that Lyme disease never goes away. And who knows if i may have other tick borne diseases? Plus sleep apnea. Just misery.
We need to start a club, Cap, The Wounded and Weary Club.

I'm going to throw some things out for you to think about.

1) Psoriatic Arthritis
2) Lyme Arthritis.
3) Post Lyme Syndrome which they now admit Does exist and is an autoimmune response to the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria.

And like you suggested you could have a co-infection.
  • Babesia: A parasite spread by ticks that causes a disease similar to malaria.
  • Bartonella: The bacteria that causes Cat Scratch Disease (also called cat scratch fever)
  • Ehrlichia: A group of at least three sub-species that cause disease (Ehrlichiosis) in the U.S.

Do you have an infectious disease doctor around you? Finding one who will test you for co-infections you might consider seeing one. I remember you saying that you weren't happy with your doctor.

You know I know how it feels to feel crappy all the time. No fun. Not getting anyone to listen to you doctor wise makes it worse. Please be your own best advocate. Take care. Feel better.

Yes, i have had skin cancer removed.
I showed my doctor areas of skin i thought were Scleroderma, they are not red , but leathery. He took a biopsy on my chest, and it came back as mild eczema. Idk which issues are causing my spinal pain, but the glands in my neck are enlarged as well. Just tired of not feeling well and having incurable conditions like IBS. No energy and fatigue. Still of the opinion that Lyme disease never goes away. And who knows if i may have other tick borne diseases? Plus sleep apnea. Just misery.
So sorry you have to go through this! I've never had Lyme's disease but was streaming a documentary of people who had experience with it and most of them gave up on medical help and started searching natural health. And those of us who try natural help, generally aren't getting relief from medical Drs.(didn't necessarily mean you should go natural, but it made me realize how difficult it is to test) I hope the Drs help you soon and until then, I pray you have the strength to carry on.... I always look forward to hear from you!

Hello all! I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to see this thread still going strong. I have so many friends here (and I do truly consider many of you friends) that it feels like coming home. I also see new (to me) people here that are very active. I hope to get to know you as well. Carry on!
I was just going to ask about you. Good to see you.

Lyme isn't fun. When I was being treated for it I found a site Lyme.org and got involved there. Even back in the 2010 era people were having a horrible time convincing their doctors that they could have Lyme disease. They use to insist that you have three positive bars on the Elisa and Western Blot test before they will consider you positive for Lyme. I only had one positive bar but luckily it was the one that said I had been exposed to Lyme Disease. I had all the symptoms so they treated me as positive. My doctor knew very little. Turned out one of our patients was also one of his and was being treated for LD. Poor lady went 20 years before they diagnosed her and finally had to use a hyperbaric chamber to treat her.

There was a doctor Buriscano I believe his name is, who wrote a big paper on how to treat Lyme Disease and it was completely different from what the FDA and the CDC was suggesting. He said to treat with antibiotics until symptoms were gone, and since Lyme can cycle every 28 days you are looking at months, sometimes even years on either oral or IV antibiotics. The critter that causes Lyme has the ability to form cysts when it senses antibiotics in the host's bloodstream. Those cysts can and do rupture about every 28 to 30 days. When they rupture, you have to have the antibiotics in your system to kill the newly emerged bacteria. Then the cycle repeats.

People are suddenly waking up to the reality of Lyme Disease, and there is the theory that Lyme escaped from a lab in the East. Others say it was released on purpose. Not sure about any of those theories. But I remember reading about genetic testing being done on a frozen cave man that had been found and them finding a Lyme marker attached to his DNA. So it's been around forever.

People were and are so desperate to get relief from their symptoms that they do both Herbal and medical treatment. Some are self medicating. Other using just herbology. Personally, I used long term doses of Doxycycline then Minocycline along with Cats Paw, Tumeric and long long soaks in Epsom salt baths. But basically it took time....lots and lots of time and it was a very gradual improvement.

That's why I always warn people to be careful of tics when they are out in their yards or in the forest. You can't be too safe and you do not want to go up against Lyme Disease. It's a game changer believe me.

We need to start a club, Cap, The Wounded and Weary Club.

I'm going to throw some things out for you to think about.

1) Psoriatic Arthritis
2) Lyme Arthritis.
3) Post Lyme Syndrome which they now admit Does exist and is an autoimmune response to the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria.

And like you suggested you could have a co-infection.
  • Babesia: A parasite spread by ticks that causes a disease similar to malaria.
  • Bartonella: The bacteria that causes Cat Scratch Disease (also called cat scratch fever)
  • Ehrlichia: A group of at least three sub-species that cause disease (Ehrlichiosis) in the U.S.

Do you have an infectious disease doctor around you? Finding one who will test you for co-infections you might consider seeing one. I remember you saying that you weren't happy with your doctor.

You know I know how it feels to feel crappy all the time. No fun. Not getting anyone to listen to you doctor wise makes it worse. Please be your own best advocate. Take care. Feel better.
Sounds logical. Thank you.

So sorry you have to go through this! I've never had Lyme's disease but was streaming a documentary of people who had experience with it and most of them gave up on medical help and started searching natural health. And those of us who try natural help, generally aren't getting relief from medical Drs.(didn't necessarily mean you should go natural, but it made me realize how difficult it is to test) I hope the Drs help you soon and until then, I pray you have the strength to carry on.... I always look forward to hear from you!
Thank you. It sure would be great to feel good, if only for a day.

Lyme isn't fun. When I was being treated for it I found a site Lyme.org and got involved there. Even back in the 2010 era people were having a horrible time convincing their doctors that they could have Lyme disease. They use to insist that you have three positive bars on the Elisa and Western Blot test before they will consider you positive for Lyme. I only had one positive bar but luckily it was the one that said I had been exposed to Lyme Disease. I had all the symptoms so they treated me as positive. My doctor knew very little. Turned out one of our patients was also one of his and was being treated for LD. Poor lady went 20 years before they diagnosed her and finally had to use a hyperbaric chamber to treat her.

There was a doctor Buriscano I believe his name is, who wrote a big paper on how to treat Lyme Disease and it was completely different from what the FDA and the CDC was suggesting. He said to treat with antibiotics until symptoms were gone, and since Lyme can cycle every 28 days you are looking at months, sometimes even years on either oral or IV antibiotics. The critter that causes Lyme has the ability to form cysts when it senses antibiotics in the host's bloodstream. Those cysts can and do rupture about every 28 to 30 days. When they rupture, you have to have the antibiotics in your system to kill the newly emerged bacteria. Then the cycle repeats.

People are suddenly waking up to the reality of Lyme Disease, and there is the theory that Lyme escaped from a lab in the East. Others say it was released on purpose. Not sure about any of those theories. But I remember reading about genetic testing being done on a frozen cave man that had been found and them finding a Lyme marker attached to his DNA. So it's been around forever.

People were and are so desperate to get relief from their symptoms that they do both Herbal and medical treatment. Some are self medicating. Other using just herbology. Personally, I used long term doses of Doxycycline then Minocycline along with Cats Paw, Tumeric and long long soaks in Epsom salt baths. But basically it took time....lots and lots of time and it was a very gradual improvement.

That's why I always warn people to be careful of tics when they are out in their yards or in the forest. You can't be too safe and you do not want to go up against Lyme Disease. It's a game changer believe me.
What kills me is that neither husband nor doctor seems to really understand how tired and miserable i am. I do need to try something else and see another doctor. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom