The Old Folks Home

Boy I'll tell ya, this latest batch of chicks is the friendliest bunch I've ever raised. Just like their older sister, Corn Puff, they scramble to see me whenever I approach the brooder. I can't even clean it without them jumping in the scoop to take a ride. It truly is amazing to me. All of the other chicks I've ever raised ran to the opposite corner away from my hand whenever I was filling their food tray or putting fresh water in.
I spent some time in the hoop coop yesterday with Corn Puff, Gen Lee and Turtle Dove. CP just wouldn't leave me alone. Coming up for tickles or chin rubs and lap sits. She would run to the feeder and gobble food, over to the water for a sip, and back to me she would come. Her older brother by a different hen tolerates chest tickles and chin rubs, but her sister from the same hen as King Wheaties is leery as all get out. So, it must be the BO momma CP has and her younger siblings that doubles the friendliness of those chicks.

lots of counter space is both a blessing, and a curse. I love having lots of counter space to work on, but hate that everyone seems to think it's the place to park their stuff.
Any flat surface here collects stuff. Sigh. I am the most guilty. Hubby's a close second. Which makes sense, as there are just the two of us here! :lau

Mine tested normal.
I forgot to say that the conclusion of the article was to ask a GP what else could cause the symptoms. It sounds like you have had the tests for common causes though. If it is psoriasis, hopefully the meds that are out for that will help.

Dangit I hate fire ants. Just one of those critters I see no sense for. Got a handful when I picked up the hose to water a crepe myrtle I had moved to a sunnier location. I didn't see them! I surely felt them... bite bite bite! So, Managed to rake up enough leaves to mulch down the area of the flower bed I weeded yesterday, then dug out 2' forward on the same bed for the crepe myrtle. It will get sun there, by golly. Was moving some giant red lilies to another location and busted the darned handle on my shovel. That's 3 handles I've broken this year. A rake handle, a pitchfork handle and a shovel handle. All just above the metal head of the tool. They just don't make 'em like they used to.
Got some beef short ribs baking in the oven, and when they are done, gonna start a pot of lentils to put them in with.

Back
Top Bottom