The Old Folks Home

went out to feed the kids this morning, looked over and the horses had their bling on, saddles and harness, humm the possie is going out, neighbors are members of the sheriffs possie, soooo were safe, both of the ladies are in their 70's
I was out feeding the kids and noticed a bunch of wing feathers in one of the pens with the dark hens that didn't belong to them. Found Muffins crouched down under their hen house. Thank goodness I never nailed the floor board down so they could be removed for easier cleaning. Pulled Muffins out and cradled her in my arms, for once she didn't object. There was a bit of blood on her left wing but apparently nothing is broken. Golly hens can be mean as snakes when a stranger enters their domain! Took Muffins and set her down gently in the pen she's supposed to be in, and she popped right up and started walking around, including going out to free range with her group. She seems a bit demure at the moment, but none the worse for wear. She even flapped her wings so I could see she had two functioning wing. Then used cable ties to close the gap between the top of the fence and the bird netting so NOBODY can cross that line again. Cerveza will just have to stay in with her group instead of visiting Greystoke and his ladies. Now, if I could just get everyone on the front side of the large pen to go out in the yard, I could get busy and raise the gate between the front and back halves so I don't have so many problems getting through it. It's a bit low and drags the ground when pushed inwards because of tree roots. Phew!

Morning everyone!

They are calling for heavy rain here tonight and severe thunderstorms through tomorrow. Summer weather's last hoorah before things start to swing around into a winter pattern.

As for the chain saw goodies. We always have A) extra chains B) lots of fuel and oil both for the motors and for the chains C) an extra running chain saw as backup in case we manage to get the big chain saw stuck in a tree or limb.

In terms of importance on a farm, 1) Tractor 2) chain saws 3) cars. Everything else figures in after that.

Everyone have a great Saturday.

Definitely want a chain sharpener. Why take the time, trouble and expense of having it sharpened "professionally"? Plus, if you have the sharpener you WILL sharpen the chain when it starts to cut poorly rather than just bulling through finishing what you need to cut since it won't get done while the chain is out for sharpening. Accidentally hit some dirt? Sharpen the chain and get back to it. Accidentally hit some dirt and don't have a sharpener? Burn through the wood taking 3X the time to do so.

I have one of these for my Echo 590 Timberwolf. Sharpens the rake and the tooth at the same time. Make sure you get the one that has the proper size file for your saw.
51d-2LY0TIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Amazon link

Morning everyone!

They are calling for heavy rain here tonight and severe thunderstorms through tomorrow. Summer weather's last hoorah before things start to swing around into a winter pattern.

As for the chain saw goodies. We always have A) extra chains B) lots of fuel and oil both for the motors and for the chains C) an extra running chain saw as backup in case we manage to get the big chain saw stuck in a tree or limb.

In terms of importance on a farm, 1) Tractor 2) chain saws 3) cars. Everything else figures in after that.

Everyone have a great Saturday.
I think the farm folk and animals are most important.

Back
Top Bottom