The Old Folks Home

I'm waiting for the day to warm up a bit, and for the roads to be cleared. 2-3" of heavy wet snow overnight. I need to broom off the roof of the run again.

I hit the big 60 next February. If I live to Valentine's Day, I will have lived longer than my mom did. I've already had a longer life than my dad. Yup, both died young. It's a very sobering thought.

Several people where DH works have Covid. He went back to work this morning (today is the last day of his vacation, but he volunteered) and someone is bringing him a rapid test. He hasn't been in contact with the people who are sick. We've both been vaccinated, and our boosters are scheduled for next week. :fl

Overnight low here was 32.8, back up to nearly 35 now. Expected high will be 70, so I am ok with that.
I outlived my mother by 15 years already. She died just before her 55th bd, but she had cancer, and treatment didn't help. Look how far cancer treatment has come in the last 15 years! Dad was 94 when he died, his dad was 91 and his mom lived to 101. So, if I got those long life genes, I'm doing good, else....adios earlier than them. It happens when it happens.
I had Covid... I was glued to the toilet for 2 weeks, and that's about it. I have a nebulizer and at the first sign of chest congestion I use that with food grade hydrogen peroxide and iodine in saline solution. Stops any type of germ in it's tracks and clears the sinuses too!
Coffee is ready and I have to run to the store!

:caf

Morning all.

Longevity genes on my dad's side. All lived to be in their 80s and 90s. Dad 94 and died in his sleep. Doesn't get better than that. Mother 79 but she outlived her mother and father in spite of diabetes and heart disease.

I'm working hard to take care of myself. Weight down, as much activity as my joints will tolerate. Healthy diet. Trying to outlive Mom first and then Dad,

@Sally PB hope your husband stays safe. With the new variant out there I feel like we are all starting over again. Blasted covid! :rant :ducGood thing I've become a hermit. If it wasn't for doctors appointments I'd never leave home.

Back
Top Bottom