The Old Folks Home

I'm very no-frills, no-maintenance when it comes to my hair.
DW and DD1 are the same way, trim the bottom when it gets funky. Both have had their hair done professionally exactly once. DW for our wedding 31 years ago, DD1 about 15 years ago when she was a bridesmaid.

Dh mentioned last night that we both need to go get outfits for his upcoming retirement party. So true. I'm glad he recognized it. I had already planned on it. I intend to go get my hair done, and a mani-pedi too.
:eek:
Clearly you and I are not related ;) Well, actually, I could see my younger sister doing that.

NEW outfit? He'll be cleaning out the closet of all his office work clothes and replacing them with "work around the house" clothes .... unless he has enough of those already. Won't have need of the "retirement outfit" again until the pine box comes along ;)

Morning everyone.

Yesterday was doctor day for me. Doctor is in Moberly so about 100 miles round trip. Yawn. Nice day though and it's not an unpleasant drive as it is on interstate.

Good news, all my biopsies were clear. She is certain now all my problems are being caused by diverticulosis and diverticulitis combined with IBS-C. She was very pleased with my progress and that I am sticking to my diet/IBS therapy/and keeping my fluid intake high. She said now I have to be determined not to backslide and suffer a relapse. I told her not to worry. I have no desire to wind up on the bathroom floor puking my guts out again.

Prior to having the gastric endoscopy she wants me to have a bunch of screening labs done to check my liver health as some of my enzymes were off a bit. They weren't off a lot but she said that a lot of people in our generation were exposed to Hep C and never knew it so she recommended screening tests just to make sure that I wasn't exposed. Could have been. I was a nurse for a lot of years and we are exposed to everyone who has anything.

Might be something y'all might want to consider bringing up to your doctor if you were born in the baby boomer years.

Beautiful weather here. Near 70. I gots plans to go out for a walk later.

Morning everyone.

Yesterday was doctor day for me. Doctor is in Moberly so about 100 miles round trip. Yawn. Nice day though and it's not an unpleasant drive as it is on interstate.

Good news, all my biopsies were clear. She is certain now all my problems are being caused by diverticulosis and diverticulitis combined with IBS-C. She was very pleased with my progress and that I am sticking to my diet/IBS therapy/and keeping my fluid intake high. She said now I have to be determined not to backslide and suffer a relapse. I told her not to worry. I have no desire to wind up on the bathroom floor puking my guts out again.

Prior to having the gastric endoscopy she wants me to have a bunch of screening labs done to check my liver health as some of my enzymes were off a bit. They weren't off a lot but she said that a lot of people in our generation were exposed to Hep C and never knew it so she recommended screening tests just to make sure that I wasn't exposed. Could have been. I was a nurse for a lot of years and we are exposed to everyone who has anything.

Might be something y'all might want to consider bringing up to your doctor if you were born in the baby boomer years.

Beautiful weather here. Near 70. I gots plans to go out for a walk later.
Just remember, Hep C is transferred by blood. Blood to blood contact. When I was in the military they were using air jet guns to mass vaccinate us. 11% infection rate was 'acceptible' to them. The new guns have an 8% infection rate and that's still acceptable to them. What is NOT acceptable to the military? If you've ever been to a dentist who didn't autoclave his instruments properly you could have been exposed too. There are a whole range of ways to get Hep-C. Sex is NOT one of them, no matter what they tell you or try to 'pin on you'.

@CSolis, I used to work OB labor and delivery. Got splattered and soaked with blood more than once so who knows what I was exposed to. Plus this was the era before HIV so we weren't as worried about such things as we are now.

Dr said that she urged all adults to have the screening blood work.

@Penny1960. Give me time, I don't have her trained yet. I think she will be a good doc to work with once she gets to know me.

I did have a lot of fun with her office nurse. She graduated in 1968 from nurses training I graduated in 75 so we set and swapped 'war' stories and laughed our heads off. Both of us agreed that nursing isn't real nursing any more. She said the first time they set her down in front of a computer in the local hospital she worked at it for a while and said. This is BS and looked for another job. Our generation of nurses was trained to use our brains, our ears our eyes and our noses when it came to working with patients. She said, I used to be able to tell what was wrong with a patient just by taking their histories. I agreed. Ahhhh the good old days where doctors didn't work for insurances companies and Insurance companies didn't think they were doctors.

The Dr. that saved my life in 84 was a peach. There qwas a time back then not all folks where accepted LGBT/? She was run out of town because of it..I knew she told me and I said your a life saver gave her a parting hug
That she was run out of town is ... just wrong.

If you're about to die unless someone steps in and saves you, do you care if that person is LGBTQ? Or what their religion is? Or the color of their skin? NO!

If it doesn't matter then,
It does not matter! EVER!!

Back
Top Bottom