The Old Folks Home

The best way to wear a feather coat! You will never want any other kind!

Attachments

• 20211208_112856.jpg
    20211208_112856.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 1
Anybody here get Reclast infusions for osteoporosis? If so... The verdict?
I've done almost 3 years worth of Prolia. I'm done with it. My doctor is probably not going to be happy with it but I'm to the point where if he isn't I'm going to suggest he take 2 years worth of it and then let me know how he's doing. Personally, I had lots of side effects to it. Joint pain, suppressed immune system, skin infections. If I got a cold or the flu it took me weeks to get over it instead of days. Fatigue was horrible the first week after my injection and slowly eased but I could still count on periods of fatigue that would have me on the sofa napping usually in the afternoon. My skin dried out and became crepe-y. My hair thinned. To make matters worse I can't help but believe that it worsened my IBS with constipation and escalated the problems with my gut that put me in the ER and still has me getting tests. One thing I know for sure about it is that one of the major side effects of it is constipation. Sorry, that is one forest fire that I do not need to throw gas on.

I don't know about Reclast, but I will advise you to really really really do research on it before you or a loved one decides to start it or any of the sub q drugs for osteo.

I've done almost 3 years worth of Prolia. I'm done with it. My doctor is probably not going to be happy with it but I'm to the point where if he isn't I'm going to suggest he take 2 years worth of it and then let me know how he's doing. Personally, I had lots of side effects to it. Joint pain, suppressed immune system, skin infections. If I got a cold or the flu it took me weeks to get over it instead of days. Fatigue was horrible the first week after my injection and slowly eased but I could still count on periods of fatigue that would have me on the sofa napping usually in the afternoon. My skin dried out and became crepe-y. My hair thinned. To make matters worse I can't help but believe that it worsened my IBS with constipation and escalated the problems with my gut that put me in the ER and still has me getting tests. One thing I know for sure about it is that one of the major side effects of it is constipation. Sorry, that is one forest fire that I do not need to throw gas on.

I don't know about Reclast, but I will advise you to really really really do research on it before you or a loved one decides to start it or any of the sub q drugs for osteo.
Thank you for your answer. I just really needed to hear personal experiences. Dh used to take fosamax until the dentist wouldn't pull his tooth until he's off of it for awhile. (Fosamax had a history of making the jaw bone break when pulling a tooth)Then he stopped it altogether. Now he's prescribed Reclast. I thought it's something different. The rheumy ordered it and said to ask the surgeon if it's ok before he takes it. The surgeons answer 'the rheumy should tell ME if it's ok to do surgery if he takes it'. Red flags went up. So Reclast is on hold. I have to ask more questions before he takes it. I wonder if it's the same as fosamax? I'll just remind him to keep taking the vitamin D for now. Did you just stop taking prolia now?

Back
Top Bottom