The Old Folks Home

I'm not especially crazy about the texturing or better stuccoing but we had two choices, replace all the dry wall that was up or texture it out. There was a lot of damage and unfinished corners/etc on all the walls and some walls were devoid of drywall and only had foam insulation on them. Texturing was the least expensive and most time efficient way to get the house in livable condition.

As for the metal ceiling, hey, Bruce, don't knock it till ya tried it. Using metal in interior decorating is all the rage right now. The warehouse look is in and even restaurants are using corrugated metal in their decorating themes. When the neighbors were considering selling their house, the real-estate agent told them that buyers were eager for the industrialized steam punk look in decorating and home construction.

Don't tell me that Missouri is ahead of the curve! I thought the north east was the pace setter when it comes to such things.

No you were talking about the textured walls, which I explained. I was just jerking your chain about the metal ceiling.

But seriously, you should have seen the dry wall. There were small holes, raw edges that had been damaged all through the big common room area. The bedrooms and bathroom only had 2 out of four walls dry walled. By the time we had finished adding on rooms and doing the shop we had hung over 100 sheets of dry wall.

OH! BTW. The walls in the family room/hobby room, utility room and shop AREN'T textured. They were done right.
Some of those have asbestos in them.
Yep. We were careful about that. The stuff we used had the consistency of tiny little Styrofoam balls of all sizes that was in a powder base that we mixed with water and painted on. I still have a blob of the stuff on the ceiling over the stove that I swear to leave there for posterity. It was really nasty stuff to work with and since we didn't have electricity at the time there was no way to use a compressor to blow the stuff on.

Back
Top Bottom