The Old Folks Home

First hatch of the year and 2 of the 10.
How cute is a bowlful of chicks?
(Answer: VERY!)

IMG_2631.JPG

It wasn't long, and he found out that the tax appraiser has raised the value of our place. Well, not so bad then, right? That is, until I mentioned that meant the taxes on it would go up too.
Not necessarily. When an entire city is reappraised everyone's values will go up but the tax/$100 will go down. The $$ you pay shouldn't change significantly.

Morning all.

Adorable chicks, @Peep_Show. DH said they look like little owls sitting in the bowl.

Our taxes actually went down last year. Don't know whether that is good or bad. :confused: But with the stinky economy I'm leaning towards the good side.

We are busy harvesting wood. Rain today so a day off for which my joints are rejoicing.

I lost a roo to a predator. Suspecting a fox since it just disappeared like something waved a magic wand over it and 'poof'. All the other yard roos are avoiding the area where he liked to hang out. We pushed the tall grass line back about 50 feet further from the coop so hopefully the safety zone will help as it gives the cattle dogs a bigger range of sight . I told DH that I could probably lay on top of our wood pile waiting to be split which is about 8 feet tall at the moment with a rifle and wait to see what pops out of the pasture grass but admitted that I would really hate to shoot her as she has kits to feed and is only acting naturally considering. The neighbor knows where her den is on their property so I'm wondering why they haven't eliminated the problem before it could escalate.

Other than that the diet is perking along. I bought a new scale since mine was only accurate enough to tell me how much weight I was losing but not my true weight. Got it yesterday and was pleased to see that I've lost 3+ pounds since Monday. I'm ravenous enough to want to eat this computer but haven't had breakfast yet so I'm off to do that.

Y'all have a great weekend! Noticed a lot of folk missing from the Home. Good to see the old gang trickling in.

Back
Top Bottom