The Old Folks Home

Hobbles in, leaning on cane
Looks around, sees only Old Folk
Tosses cane to the side and stands straight

Good morning, is there room for another? I mostly hang out in the duck section, but thought I'd poke my head in here too.

I brought buttertarts and maple syrup. :)
Buttertarts and maple syrup? Of course you are welcome.
You had a bad day?
Bad day, yep. Maggie Mae had 3 seizures yesterday. We've gradually upped the Phenobarbitol level to 90mg twice daily. She is actually adjusting to the seizures better than the Princess and me. Vet visit tomorrow to draw blood for a blood level check of the Phenobarb, and perhaps start on an additional medication. These 'cluster' seizures scare me as I see the possibility of continuous seizing. I had that happen once with a beagle pup.

Ontario, somewhere west of Ottawa and east of Toronto (not trying to be vague, I am literally in the middle of the woods!)

Never been to NS, although I've been to NB. Would like to drive down to the Maritimes for a vacation one day!
I am in the middle of the woods too. I like it here, except this heat.
NS is lovely for 2 months in the summer, but rainy, windy, snowy, overcast and / or foggy the rest of the year. We lived there from 1974 to 1992, until i told hubby we needed to move to FL. Both our Boys were born in the Grace Maternity hospital.

They *promised* rain yesterday and today. I think we got <1/8" all together. I even put laundry on the line today!

So off I go to water the garden.
As my BF likes to say, Weather Forecasters are the only people that get paid six figure salaries for being wrong half the time.

As my BF likes to say, Weather Forecasters are the only people that get paid six figure salaries for being wrong half the time.
One of my nephews was a meteorologist in the army. I once asked him what made him choose that job. He replied, "Can you tell me any other job where I can be wrong half the time and still get paid?" Made sense to me.

Hi Guys and welcome to the Home @Canadian Wind. Pull up a rocker and sit a while.

My garden is toast. Just isn't doing well. Tomatoes aren't setting fruit, bush beans petered out although I am picking a handful at a time from the pole beans. My spring lettuce and spinach did wonderful but the only good thing so far are my onions and I've pulled over ten pounds so far that are curing in the shop.

Finally admitted defeat and told DH I may plant onions next year but that was it. I was tired of fighting the weather, the rain, the bugs and the weeds. There are enough Amish roadside stands around that I can pick up what I want if I want it at a reasonable price.

Hey, @CapricornFarm. Finally made it down to the creek yesterday. Found a few interesting rocks, mainly granites and quartz but found one rock that looks like lace agate. About wrecked my shoulder getting it home. I had taken a bag down with me and the silly thing was almost soccer ball sized. Tossed it in the bag, hitched it up on my shoulder and through the timber I hiked.

DH promised to go down with me next Sunday. I'm looking for rocks to line a flower bed and geodes. Found plenty of the first. Just need help getting them home.

Back
Top Bottom